A 5t I have named "ole grungy"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoenix08

This one came from a swap meet today and.... yeah, don't spray house paint near an expensive ass truck.

Appear to be HPI, came with this body and an SC body, both are definitely covered in a find mist of what I'm assuming is white paint. The body was also obviously off the truck, and has the same paint issue. "Goof off" is cleaning the mess up nicely on the suspension parts, but the body i have tried both it and denatured alcohol.... no luck. Any suggestions? Power buffer?

Drive train wise it is an FLM extended a-arm set, looks like FLM type drive shafts, front flm shock tower, and it came with the rear and another set of FLM a-arms. Hostile on piece rears, but I'm not positive they are the big bearings... gotta check.

Looks like a stock 2 bolt motor, labeled as a 27cc. I have no idea what this pipe is.... I'm guessing some form of chinesium.

I paid... well very little for this truck. I want to blow it apart and clean it up, and will either keep it or sell it...not sure yet. I didn't know it was a wide kit when I told the friend to buy it! I'm usually not big on trucks, but this is growing on me.

20210117_222639.jpg20210117_222543.jpg

Is it an actual dominator? I knew it was an approximation, but they did not make the silenced version of this pipe when I was last 8n the game. Is it as earth shatteringly loud as the old dominator was?

If it stays, the turtle clutch carrier is going through a de-anno process....orange, blech lol.

I have thought about trying my hand at anodizing, maybe this truck can be a bit of a learning project ;-)

I am astounded how badly people abuse nicely built trucks.... years ago, this would have been a fortune to build....honestly if he had cleaned it and made sure it was in good working order, it would have gone for twice what I gave him for it. Oh well, I know how to take care of my things, this one will be purty again soon enough!

they didnt sell them but for like 3 years or so
Probably why I didn't find it! It has a dent, but not sever enough to effect performance.

I'll have to see how it runs, I need to get some silicone for a stinger extension, and will decide from there. Im glad I asked on here, its definitely a better xhaust than I assumed.

I tried goof off, im afraid it may have messed the plastic up.

Anyone ever taken something like a polishing compound and going after the body with it?

Last edited:
Why would anyone do that? :ROFLMAO: ? :LOL:
Because idiots, for unknown reasons, leave a pair of 100+$ bodies laying around while using a paint sprayer, and eff them up....and I'm cheap.....

I'd love to get them buffed out enough to not be cloudy and nasty, but don't know if that can/will happen. It's VERY noticeable on a black SC body LOL

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks