A few mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabbie

A few mods to the front end you might fined helpful

The 3mm screws in the steering plate and inner turnbuckle can come loose and fall out
20094101139536.gif

Here are 4mm countersunk screws with cup washers and some nylon tube cut to 5mm long
Photo088.gif

4mm nylock nuts, don't think these will come loose anymore
Photo089.gif

Next the inner turnbuckles, I'm using MCD stand off ball's
Photo095.gif

They are exactly the same size but with a 4mm hole
Photo097.gif

Just need to drill out the steering plate 4mm
Photo096.gif

All fitted and no more problems with loose screws
DSCF0001.gif

Another quick fix is for the lower Hub screw, I lost one after it came loose and I know others have had the same problem.

Simple to solve, drill a 2.5mm hole in the slot of the hub carrier and fit a 3mm screw
Photo093-1.jpg

Now the hub screws are held in place
Photo094.jpg

Cabbie, nice job, thanks for taking the time to find the parts and post the solutions!

Nutech, I know so far you have made several upgrades/mods to the cars before releasing them, now if people continue to have this problem small, such as this, do you think you will offer a solution of your own and update the ones to be produced? These seem like good, strong mods from Cabbie, just don't see why we should have to do it on a new model. I know you guys have showed great support, unlike HPI, who can't even fill their own diffs...

Bill

hi Wild Bill,

We have some modifications done for 2010 production, FTX cars did not have the updated modified parts , but FTX will have revision for new orders 2010, and we also sent some free modified parts to FTX to service consumers.

We also provide some free modified parts to our dealers to service end users.

Thanks

Chris

Nutech Racing

Awesome, glad to hear you are taking care of the customer, even before people start to gripe! I think if you keep up the great support you will have a very large following soon!

Bill

Exactly Moo, and it's great to see them acknowledge the issue and take care of it when/if something does pop up. Unlike fill your own diffs or pull out your floor mats ;-) haha

Bill

Nutech support sold me. I now have one TB2 here and waiting for a GT5R to arrive.

I lost one of those screws today, shuld have done your mod ;) ... so now I am going to find another way of doing my knuckles.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks