a few pics of my marder as I promised...more to follow :) ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trebor

[hi there just a few pics of my marder ....this is my first post... i will have to try and get better pics using me other camera......but more to follow
it has a zenoah 27.2cc ported and polished
KPD alloy arms front and rear
alloy hubs front and rear with stainless steel steering stops
titanium side rails and rear bumper what a swine titanium is to work with
a solid 10mm steel toll cage tig welded polished then nickle plated...this stands 35mm higher than a standard roll cage more pics of it soon:devil:
wide 80mm rear tyres on special made up white wide rims
the samba is polished and nickle plated with extra hangers tigged on and fixed with titanium brackets
full set of stainless fixing screws
the spoiler is made from a new jaguar car muffler before it was formed into a muffler..........phewwwwww i hope the boss don't see me LOL
any hows i will put more pics on of a few of my rides later even the ones in 100s of bits:scared:

101.jpg

100.jpg

[marderrebuilt007.jpg

marderrebuilt014.jpg

103.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful!
What springs are on the rear shocks?
I did notice you kept the plastic servo tray. With the upgrades to the servo areas/items are you finding less play with the plate bending on throttle and brake?

hi bigger the rear springs are king cobra racing ...part number KCR070 these are a must for this marder as its a little over weight with the roll cage weighing in at 6lbs......as for the radio plate i found there wasnt a need to change it for alloy or carbon fibre like i did with my other cars ....only because i made 2 alloy posts if you look close you can just see 1 of them there is no twist or movement in the radio tray and cost nothing i made the alloy sevo lifter as the standard plastic 1 wasnt quite up to the job.....i have the latest alloy servo saver on and found that it caught on the double steering servos sooooooooooooo i had to make spacers and lift it 3mm and 3mm on the top of the servo saver as well.....more to come

hi super im trying to work out how to work me new camera and will post more pics soon........as for the roll cage i made it myself from 10mm solid steel bar which i tig welded polished and then had it nickle plated .....i figure it cost my works around £600 in my time alone to finish it......don't tell the boss LOL

hi pipeous
i will post more pics soon and will take some of the front end ......the shock tower is a KPD item which was for the patriot that KP designs where doing here in the UK....KP is keith plessed of PB racing fame from the mid 80s....and i remember you from midmad..... EK4...im the guy with the pink fuel lines on the EK4...LOL

That is definately one of the most unique Marders I have ever seen. Haven't been to rctek in a long while. Oddified stuff is always nice.

I miss the midmad gang though I am still in touch with a couple guys through msn. I gave up on the ek4's

i still have my EK4 ......but what a swine to run LOL........there are lots of things i aint mentioned on spec of me marder but the pics speak for them selves

man if I had that mini mill slawhammer showed me, I could make something like that front tower setup. I love it. 4 bolts on the brace. sorry to flog the thread but am enjoying looking it over. might have to snag some of those ideas ;)

and to think I traded an fg touring car on midmad to Jerry for a box of ek4 goodies. I had 10 of those things. I took 2 to raceday, travelled around with them, usually broke both by the end of the day. there's a clip in the dvd from that race in the opening menu with my cuda laying a smoke trail down and flying over another monster truck about 15 feet over it lol. my pitman said slow down you are leading but the crowd loved that smoke show.. the oohs and ahhs I couldn't resist. until I snapped and locked the back end. I dragged that locked back end for another dozen laps or so

blimey pipeous if i had of joined on here maybe 6months back i had a spare KPD front end for sale ...it was like this one but i de-anodised it and broke it down and then sold the bits off.... as i didnt like it after it was to silvery ........lol..going back to the smaller scale my hands don't seem to get at the smaller bits as easy these days

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks