acoms 2.4ghz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume that you have tested it on one of the other channels, in which case it will be your transmitter that is the problem. (most kill switches have an LED on them which is lit when live/receiving good signal.)

is the transmitter defiantly a 3ch system?

is the 3rd channel on your receiver actually a mix port for one of the other 2 channels?

if the above doesn't help get you started, can you please let us know what type of Tx and Rx you have.

Sounds like you have a 3 channel RX and a 2 channel TX. That is something most manufactures do. They sell the same RX but change up the TX between 2-3 channel. It will not work on the 2 channel TX. Some say the older Spektrum3 3rd channel was covered up by the plastic case and it really was a 3 channel in a 2 channel body. Maybe the Acom does this as well?

yeah.....its only a 2 channel transmiter cos it works on the throttle
and the steering channel
is there no way i can use the kill switch with this setup?
or am i destined to buy a new rx and tx set

the kill switch uses the PWM signal from the channel to determine if it should be 'On' or 'Off' rather than being a relay working off the Rx battery power only.

you could connect it with a 'Y' lead to the throttle, and then set the trim to the positive extreme, and set the brake endpoint such that the kill switch will never drop out if you have radio signal. it would work, but this would cause the switch to only kill the engine if it lost Rx battery. if you have a failsafe on the throttle servo the kill switch would never drop out.

I think that the only real solution is a new Tx.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks