Adjusting throttle/brake linkage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokinAl

Hello everyone, I finally pulled the trigger on a long awaited, much wanted 1/5 buggy. I picked up a used but like new (1 tank of gas through it) KM 001. I know its a beginner model with a small 26cc but its a lot of fun and all I could afford right now. My question is, when I go to WOT on the transmitter, the linkage only opens the carb about 1/2 way. I moved the carb lever by hand and it does go all the way but it seems like the servo is not moving as far as it should. And brakes do not lock up either. This buggy truely is like new; guy bought it and never used it so he sold it and a bunch of accessories/tires.
As I'm typing this, I am wondering if some settings on the transmitter are limiting the travel...just thought of that. I'll check the trim on it and let you know if that worked. Good talking to you. Looking forward to learning more about my buggy!

OK, so I messed with the transmitter and was able to change the throw on the throttle servo so I get full throttle now. But, in doing so, I changed something and now when I brake, the servo jumps back and forth. I'm not sure what all the terminology even means to be honest with you (end points, trim, dual rate, exponential, and abs)

^^You are right sir, I did. I turned it off and it fixed that. Kinda cool that this thing has the ability to run abs. The more I play with the controller, the more I learn it and its functions.
Oh and good to see a fellow Sox fan!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks