advice needed on this clutch problem fg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dc2 man

Reading the Rules!
can anyone tell me why my clutch springs keep breaking?
i recently broke the clutch spring on my cy29 and replaced it with new shoes and zenoah clutch spring,now lastnight i shelved the cy engine and put my zenoah 26 back in the car again just to find out that 10minutes running has caused a clutch problem again (ahhaa),now i havnt ripped down the clutch yet but im100percent sure its the clutch spring again,the car spinns the wheels and tries to creep foward ticking over and needles are adjusted correct on the carb(in case you were thinking it was running too lean) if it is clutch spring again what in gods name could be causing this,all the weight of the alloy maybe...?
sure all clutch shoes are the same,cy and zenoah? they all fitted in the zenoah the finest.
any help very appricated.

Last edited:
thanks mooman,very anoying i just put car back together and the worst part is trying to repair anything with that jetpro,just put on a new clutch and cant belive it broke spring already.

ill take a look at that now,thanks again mooman..

i have broke 1 cliutch spring on my car. and that was after 25 liters of gasolin
and after another 35 liters i broke one of the bolts holding the clutch shoes.

this clutches are almost bullet proof. a supose you have mountetd the clutch shoes the right way. ther ia a little arrow cast in the clutch shoes that tells witch way the should rotate

Yeah..well I have had 3 red 8K springs break....I got the one that MooMan suggested
from DDM..the black one..Has not broke yet...Ther easy to install..
Just to chime in here

well i can guarantee that assembly was nih on perfect,its a brand new cluth and spring and boom!! gone was the spring..

i guarantee its from the weight of the car now with all the alloy...:cursing:

well i can guarantee that assembly was nih on perfect,its a brand new cluth and spring and boom!! gone was the spring..

it has nothing to do with the weight of the car.
i hav dribven my car with most of the car built in aluminium.
on top of that i had almost 3 HP more.

again we ar e back to those humongus tires that the Monster models are equipped with. get rith of them and mount a sett of Marder Leopard Rcae wheels and most of those irritating problems will be gone,

i have friends that have tried monster wheels on their Leopard and Marders.
and the same things happens to them. Things started to break

and teh best part of changing to Marder/Leopard Race wheels ois that the Cars handling gtes a real boost.
you wount recognise the handling at all.

I don't think the weight of any vehicle is going to cause a spring breakage. The spring only holds the clutch shoes in from engagement. It also makes no difference if you install the clutch shoes backward. I have models done both ways and in many years have never broke a spring. (Knock on wood) The two bolts holding the clutch shoes hold the stress from the clutch to the bell housing. So if anything were to break from the weight it would be the two bolts.

How or with what are you installing them? They install with just a small snap.
Click here from clutch video

Last edited:
Spring are made from spring steel.
Thy will break if thy get vary hot (read hot) thy will lose their spring property so thy will break.
Or if thy are stretched beyond their working limits.

i have seen som vids from this guy and its a lott off Yanking in the trigger.
very short speed runs and smal spacees often lead to more Yanking on the trigger and the clutch heast up.
i am almost 1005 surtain that the clutch bell on this car is blue. all my friends that have been running monster models or have mounted monster tires on their car ahve ended upo with blue clutch bells.
give it som gas man and let it riiiiippppp!
don't just RUPP RUPP RUPPR UPP RUPP RUPP RUPPERRUPPRUPPERRUPPPRUPP!
Just more VROOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and throw away thos humongus monster tyres and install at sett of Marder/Leopard race tyres
it will get the car up and going a ølot easyer and with a lot less problems.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks