Advice on cutting Lexan.080in for windows.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluesman

I am in process of making my windows for my buggy and have a few concerns before I cut the lexan sheet.Like I mentioned it's .080in thick,I was thinking of a jigsaw with a fine tooth blade but past horrors of really jagged edes come into mind.Anyone ideas guy's??
Thanks much..

I am in process of making my windows for my buggy and have a few concerns before I cut the lexan sheet.Like I mentioned it's .080in thick,I was thinking of a jigsaw with a fine tooth blade but past horrors of really jagged edes come into mind.Anyone ideas guy's??
Thanks much..

I used a little hacksaw on the straight bits and a dremel on the curves to do mine !:clown:

Yep, I believe the best way would be a dremel on the corners and a Jigsaw on the straight cut's.Will give it a go.Thanks all for the support.

Yes it was a blast to drive,:w00t: I spent alot of my monies and time to repair and keep running.Many good times in that car.

i had one of the last MK3's saphire blue......i completely renovated it

put export rear wings on de-chromed it ......made a compressor practiced

spraying on a couple of pals cars then used 22 litres of paint on mine

had a pal that retrimmed with wilton and did the seats with cord and

a chequred black and white centre panel...engine was stripped bored +.020"

reground crank and new bearings in gear box:scared:and wolfrace

showed it at Donnington and came 4th overall and that was against cars that

turned up on trailers:devil:was one of the best of the old classics.....i got it

as at the time i could not afford the E type i wanted

K....

Trebor,
sounds like a great car ! Do you have any pics of it? Parts were hard to come by in the states.I blew out the rear diff ! I remember trying to get the bolts down to top of the diff housing was quite a task..I had to have two of my buds stand on each end of the axle.lol Memories........ I wish I had kept that car along with other's.
Rik

How did you guy's hold the windscreen onto the chassis?I see some ideas.Plastic ties,screws with a strap of somekind?Also should I do all the sides or will this maybe cause overheating issues?
Thanks as always.
Rik

^^ Updated my location. :)
Also I looking for the cable clips.I have visited some electronics store no one seems to have what I am looking for?:stick: Maybe I will use plastic ties so when I need to remove it's just a cut away..Anyone have a link to the cable ties that are being used.:cool2:
Thanks again

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks