Advice running Tyres in the UK under B.R.C.A

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Gimp

Hi guys,

Can someone advise me on tyres that can be used for On-Road race here in the UK.

I have gone through my spares that were purchased around 10 years ago when I last touched my FG Modellsport car and found I have around 8 full sets of tyres in various treads and compounds.

However looking on B.R.C.A 2012 rules and a little unsure where I stand in terms of if I can use these if I choose to go racing next year?

Only 2 sets are used but the rest are brand new and have been keep in dry storage.

I cannot justify spending s heap load of money on New sets if these fall outside the regulations?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

what about old stock tyres that are still new mike whats the best way to store them or don't that matter ive just brought some pmt fenice's for the bm ive got some rims without tyres so brought the pmt's to use as they were cheap probaly not as good as upto date pmt's or grp's but £10 a pair plus postage i had to get them

Old rubber is old rubber, what may have been an 05 pmt eclips may now feel like a 20 and even then it probably wouldn't work that well.

At the end of the day it's not critical on a car park but when you're on a track learning lines and trying to do consistant laps then it does matter. I'm not saying they'll be crap but don't be suprised if they're not great.

cheers mike i know what your saying i used some fg slicks i got from ebay last time out the rears were ok but i just couldn't get any heat into the fronts making the car very hard to turn in but at the end of the day same story a cheap set of wheels and tyres costing a massive £8.20 posted and the postage was a fiver of that so cant grumble,,but the fg stock slicks are great for drifting lol they don't work like a set of grp's there just great tyres

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks