After Market bearing set for FG MB/MT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clubin

Build Thread Contributor
The stock bearings in my FG are crap, I have had a few out for some of the after market things I am installing, they feel loose and roll real rough, poor quality metal shielded. I want to get a complete set of rubber shielded bearings what are you running?

Team Fast Eddy Bearings are the "BOMB" in my FGMT. I had the same thing happen to the spur shaft bearing in the large motor mount and it ground a spot in the shaft. Cost of the shaft almost would cost as much as the upgrade or more depending on parts supplier.

I sent FastEddy a Email from his website, no response, and I sent him a PM no response, as soon as I hear from him. I will let you know, thanks for the reply, that is the kit I was thinking about.

Since we are talking FG bearings I just bought a alloy diff case 8484 for my MT. Of course it came with two inferior metal shielded bearings, I have to bearings that will fit for upgrade and last night gave up trying to get them off. They have to be the tightest pressed on bearings I have ever encountered, and I do not want to damage the cage prying them of with a screw driver. Is there a cheap bearing puller that anyone knows of out there? I have it all installed but it takes 10min to rip it down again and it worries me since they are the most exposed to water and other crap.

You can try to heat the assembly up with a heat gun or in the oven to see if it helps. Im not famillier with the dif. You may have to take it apart to keep from melting anything LOL.

You can try a wheel puller or maybe an old style battery terminal puller for a car. http://www.harborfreight.com/ has some cheap occasional use tools that may work.

My kits have BOTH sets of diff bearings included for the standard and the Alum difs.

Hey this is what I need! :)http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=8856

Thanks FE!!!

I got the extra bearings from your FG kit sitting in my spare bearing box and as soon as the Alloy case came in I went AAAHHHAA! thats what they are for. Now the fun part - Getting them off. The problem with heating the FG 8484 to get the bearings off is that there is a brass fitting inside in front of another needle bearing which is all inside of the aluminum case The bearing I need off is on the outside of the aluminum case squishing all of these together, heating will only tighten it, I am thinking.:blush:

Is there any one else that manufacturers a bearing set fot the FG MT and MB? Other than the one mentioned in the above reply's.

Not that I am aware of. You can also buy them one by one from a bearing shop but all in all you will pay way more then buying TFE's kits. The wheel bearings are somewhat standard skate board Rollerblade bearings but the rest are the ones that will kill the pocket book.:(

Not that I am aware of. You can also buy them one by one from a bearing shop but all in all you will pay way more then buying TFE's kits. The wheel bearings are somewhat standard skate board Rollerblade bearings but the rest are the ones that will kill the pocket book.:(
Thanks BTB I will probaly just buy the kit from Krikke they are around 60 Canadian + a leg to ship. I will see if any one else chimes in with any other options.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks