Air Filter in Wet Conditions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwarfy

The poopy weather is pretty much guaranteed in the UK now so what is the best way to protect your air filter when running in wet conditions? The oiled pre-filter will repel a certain amount but is this enough or is there some sort of rain cover that can be fitted? Pics, part no's or link would be useful ;)

Thanks!

could get some waterproof breathable fabric and cover the whole car then put the
shell back on! job done.... i did it afew years back and it really helped alot in really wet
conditions.

try to mount the FG filter which has the plastic outer cover as this is the main benifit of it,it keeps water out,it comes with monsters sometimes i think otherwise it's an extra.

Put a plastic bag on the filter and seal with a rubber band.
J;)

Cant see how that would work, airfilter has to breath! you have to be careful with what u use it could also make it run lean and destroy the engine

Last edited:
Cant see how that would work, airfilter has to breath! you have to be careful with what u use it could also make it run lean and destroy the engine

Starving it of air would make it run rich and flood the engine. Only starving the fuel would make it run lean bud ;)

I run an outerwears cover on my filter and I'm yet to see anything dirtier in the wet over the dry....

all I do is let the filter cover dry then peel off and use the compressor to blow and dry stuff off the cover ...from inside to out so not to blast any stuff through it....then refit for next time....

as for the car ......I just let it get dirty then have loads of fun cleaning it :mad::mad::mad:

I use a cut down pop bottle to cover the air filter, it's kind of like the FG plant pot type thing but £0 cost involved.

Im like free stuff!!!! Will give this a try. How do you hold it in place? I assume the selected bottle will be slightly oversized to allow air movement around the filter.

I've used oasis bottles, the sqare pint milk bottles and others. A well placed zip tie on the wing mount will stop it sliding off, the bottle/cover isn't actually held on, it just sits there.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks