Air Filter ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizdaz

hey guys :)

oki ive managed to fit my dom pipe, but the air filter i was using was the stock with TGN redneck (was also gunna get an outerwears for it soon) but after fitting my dom, the side of the redneck is squashed against the pipe slightlly :( so im guessing if i use the redneck the pipe will just melt it?

Anyone know of a way around this or is it gunna be a new type of filter?

cheers :)

hi guys heres pic, its a top down view so you can see the gap between filter & pipe which at the mo is about 2-3mm & this is without my TGN redneck fitted which adds about another 5+mm to the thickness, any ideas ^^ ?

pipe.JPG

hi guys heres pic, its a top down view so you can see the gap between filter & pipe which at the mo is about 2-3mm & this is without my TGN redneck fitted which adds about another 5+mm to the thickness, any ideas ^^ ?

pipe.JPG

cut the edge off the redneck daz were it hits the pipe, i,ve had to cut mine a bit to stop it snaging the thottle linkege.

Thats correct Daz,it's a tight fit on the TGN..It will go though.
J.

Hey,that pipes nice,where did you get it? ;)

I could tell you, but then id ave to <insert random word here!> lol ^^

My MB startin to look good now :)
p_0001.jpg

p_0002.jpg

cut the edge off the redneck daz were it hits the pipe, i,ve had to cut mine a bit to stop it snaging the thottle linkege.

don't wanna be cuttin things up :( im fkin lethal when it comes to that, i get carried away! ...if that end of the pipe is hitting my TGN filter, will it melt it? :( ..or will it be ok ?

Last edited:
I think you will have to do what Paul said.Chop 1/4" off the side.
Sorry Daz, I said a bad monkey.I used a billet airfilter on the MT and it cleared.
Money back if ya don't want it.
J,

Daz,if your using it as a jump truck you have to get alloy engine mounts,alloy diff mounts and an after market diff brace! Not joking mate ,ask the forum............................................................Guess whtat I've got?
J

I'm using one of those 'part conical' so-called K&N filters.
I know you guys'll kick off about limited filtering and I've no doubt you're right.
The point I'm making is I had no idea it was a tight fit as mine just had no problem from day 1.
Al.

Thats correct Daz,it's a tight fit on the TGN..It will go though.
J.

Hey,that pipes nice,where did you get it? ;)

Daz,if your using it as a jump truck you have to get alloy engine mounts,alloy diff mounts and an after market diff brace! Not joking mate ,ask the forum............................................................Guess whtat I've got?
J

guess what youve got... hmmm! <thinks> you really want me to answer that one dude!!! :D lol kiddin ;)

oki gunna pop up & cu tmrw dude, wont be taking my MB out cuz i need a rear disc which never arrived in post! :( but if you guys still going i will either come wit martin or on my Harley! :)

if you give it a miss cuz of weather send us a txt dude with your addy & what time best to come see you :)

Cheers fella

ahh, doh thought u said cut the edge off my pipe ^^ (see im a proppa blonde! ...jst in disguise :D ) lolz

yeh i shud be oki wit the scissors on the redneck :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks