Alignment Specs for a 5 SC for Off Road Racing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98NYFinestVette

Hey everyone, can anyone tell me the specs for the front end on the HPI 5 SC? It appears that the front wheels are toed in. My 1/10 specs for off road racing is to have the toe adjustment out.

I am thinking that there are specs for street driving and off road. ;)

Thanks

Hey everyone, can anyone tell me the specs for the front end on the HPI 5 SC? It appears that the front wheels are toed in. My 1/10 specs for off road racing is to have the toe adjustment out.

I am thinking that there are specs for street driving and off road. ;)

Thanks

If you have the owners manual it will tell you all the different set ups you can have

Thanks 46u,
I did look through the instructions. There are no specs listed. Just the pros and cons of the adjustments. The instructions explain toe in and out for street and off road, the same for camber. I am looking for specs just as I did for my TRAXXAS Slash 4x4.
I think I am going to call HPI about this. I need to call them anyway. I am not able to remove a bolt on the gear while I was replacing the slipper clutch. It is an Allan key, I tried metric and SAE. No luck. There were Allan keys with the kit, but they don't fit either. My other option is to replace the gear and bolt. But then I will need the Allan key to secure the new bolt. It is a visious circle. :D

Finally set up has to do with the track and driver. No set setting will work for all. It is a trial and error process. Good starting point for front toe will be 1 to 2 degrees toe out for off road. Then you will have to drive it on the track and adjust according to how it acts for your driving style and track. This is why the link I sent you is so importation as if it acts a certain way you will know which way to adjust it to correct it.

If you look on this page of the link I posted it has some very good information.
http://home.scarlet.be/~be067749/58/

This is a good link but does not tell me specs for the HPI. I have to call HPI Monday for a problem I am having removing a set screw. I will ask them about the alignment. If I have no luck with them, I will set it up the same way I have the Slash 4x4. That works awesome on the dirt.

Do you understand there is NO set setting???? All depends on the track and a drivers driving style. What works for one driver might be totally different for another. Set up is 90% trail and error! Set up is basically the same whether you are setting up a 1/8 scale or a full size car.

Do you understand there is NO set setting???? All depends on the track and a drivers driving style. What works for one driver might be totally different for another. Set up is 90% trail and error! Set up is basically the same whether you are setting up a 1/8 scale or a full size car.

I understand, that is why I am going to set it up with the Traxxas specs for now, then fine tune from there.

Thanks again

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks