Alloy engine mounts worth it??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobermory

Hi again,
at the moment im spending quite a bit on my shengqi hummer and i was wondering if getting alloy engine mounts is worth it?? ive seen some for sale on ebay for £24 for the two (large and small). at the moment mine seem alright so im not sure if i should get them or just wait and see if mine break?? im getting a jetpro pipe btw:D
Thanks
Toby:)

if your getting the jetpro then yes i would run alloy mounts,i run them on mine but i had one strip a thread so i drilled them out and use big man bolts on all 4 it aint going nowhere

BE VERY CAREFUL AND LOOK CLOSELY AT THE PHOTOS!!
I've seen those Chinese ones on Ebay, and they LOOK GREAT.
There are other 'Alloy' pieces there, which appear to be cast in somebody's back garden and are CRAP - DON'T TOUCH THEM - case in point, some alloy front uprights mentioned last week I think.

If the alloy looks GOOD, it probably is .... but ....
BEST is direct from Hobbythek, but if they look fine, give them a go.

I've read too many stories of people stuffing plastic spurs and pinions to think anything other than GET ALLOY ENGINE MOUNTS.

Al.

BE VERY CAREFUL AND LOOK CLOSELY AT THE PHOTOS!!
I've seen those Chinese ones on Ebay, and they LOOK GREAT.
There are other 'Alloy' pieces there, which appear to be cast in somebody's back garden and are CRAP - DON'T TOUCH THEM - case in point, some alloy front uprights mentioned last week I think.

If the alloy looks GOOD, it probably is .... but ....
BEST is direct from Hobbythek, but if they look fine, give them a go.

I've read too many stories of people stuffing plastic spurs and pinions to think anything other than GET ALLOY ENGINE MOUNTS.

Al.
yeah my layshaft gear has kind of been ruined but i mainly think that is down to my diff snapping:lol::lol: (the pointy out bit on the side)
Is there anyway to check if the engine mounts are gone,im guessing the engine would be able to move if they are??
btw the engine mounts are from china check out the link : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALLOY-ENG...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1ad15c82
Thanks

buy cheap and its usually buy CR$P ;)

K....
Hi Trebor,
surely any alloy would be better than plastic for the engine mounts??i know where your coming from though (will ever buy a clone again:rolleyes:)
if i was to buy alloy mounts of Hobbythek is there much difference between them as there seems to be quite an amount of them!!
im still kinda unsure about the ebay ones they do seem very cheap but in some cases thats not better:(
thanks
Toby :)

Hi Trebor,
surely any alloy would be better than plastic for the engine mounts??i know where your coming from though (will ever buy a clone again:rolleyes:)
if i was to buy alloy mounts of Hobbythek is there much difference between them as there seems to be quite an amount of them!!
im still kinda unsure about the ebay ones they do seem very cheap but in some cases thats not better:(
thanks
Toby :)

just because it looks ok, does not mean it is ok .....some alloy will be soft and the threads will pull out......i never buy anything that is not a well known branded item......FG / Elcon etc

K....

just because it looks ok, does not mean it is ok .....some alloy will be soft and the threads will pull out......i never buy anything that is not a well known branded item......FG / Elcon etc

K....

You never buy anything thats not a branded make Keith????.
I,ve seen your buildss with bog rolls as exhausts and HB2 pencils as drive shafts:lol::lol
Keith,i,ve lost all my contacts on me fone,can.you text me ya number again mate and you Al if you would.
Ta
J

Hi again,
at the moment im spending quite a bit on my shengqi hummer and i was wondering if getting alloy engine mounts is worth it?? ive seen some for sale on ebay for £24 for the two (large and small). at the moment mine seem alright so im not sure if i should get them or just wait and see if mine break?? im getting a jetpro pipe btw:D
Thanks

I've used plastic engine mounts since I received my truck (1.5 yrs ish). Threads haven't gone with no other problems, the advantage of plastic is that it doesn't carry as much vibration through to the rest of the car. However its your call :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks