Alloy parts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are they worth it or just a wate of money as ive been looking at intergy suspension arms have heard they arent that good are there any other manufactures or would i just be wasting money ?

are they worth it or just a wate of money as ive been looking at intergy suspension arms have heard they arent that good are there any other manufactures or would i just be wasting money ?

Plastic flexes alloy bends. The only alloy parts I would run are chassis braces and center diff mount mostly for reliability and reducing chassis flex. My experience is that your better off keeping a few spares of plastic arms and hinge pins than spending dough on aluminum arms. And from what I've seen the integy stuff isn't very good. Just my opinion.

+1 on scoobys advice. When I raced in texas the only alloy parts I used were servo saver arms, servo horns and bracing. My 5ive t only has alloy for the servo clamps and throttle servo. Everything else is still the stock plastic.

Not only what they said but plastic and alloy doesn't mix well, think about it, if you hit something, something will have to give and who knows what, if you make it all alloy, you will have a 50 lbs hammer driving around. My .02

i second the idea of keeping a few sets of plastic arms on hand. Much better to break an inexpensive arm, than to bend an expensive one and cause more damage to the parts to which the force of the crash will be transferred.
If you want less flex in your arms, you can use a brace like the ones made by SNR. If aesthetics are a big consideration too, the braces and rear CVD guard look pretty dang nice together. I have both the front and rear braces, but run neither.

Last edited:
The Modified RC center diff tower is an excellent aluminum upgrade. It uses bigger diff bearings and allows for heat dissipation through the chassis. Couple that with a vented clutch housing/carrier and a gear mesh plate. Rear hub carriers in aluminum are also a good upgrade.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks