Alloy rearhub problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
Hiya folks
I have just recived my alloy rear hubs through the post and went to fit them but came up with a problem. They went on the bottom arms ok but when I went to screw the top arms in I had this problem.
The standard plastic ones screw through the rose joint as yo know and straight into the hub but the ones I have bought have two brackets on!(see pic)
Is there anyway of connecting these hubs or would I have to go with the other type?(that I have just sold on ebay:blush:)
Any answers please gents.
J.

Attachments

• alloy hubs lsf 001.jpg
    alloy hubs lsf 001.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 25
  • alloy hubs lsf 002.jpg
    alloy hubs lsf 002.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 17
  • alloy hubs lsf 003.jpg
    alloy hubs lsf 003.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 17
  • alloy hubs lsf 004.jpg
    alloy hubs lsf 004.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 17
  • alloy hubs lsf 005.jpg
    alloy hubs lsf 005.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 15
Hi Voo, somewhere I've seen the ball part without the base shoulder. Maybe you could just grind the ball to fit with enough room to put a washer each side to stop excess ware.
Matt.

Hiya folks
I have just recived my alloy rear hubs through the post and went to fit them but came up with a problem. They went on the bottom arms ok but when I went to screw the top arms in I had this problem.
The standard plastic ones screw through the rose joint as yo know and straight into the hub but the ones I have bought have two brackets on!(see pic)
Is there anyway of connecting these hubs or would I have to go with the other type?(that I have just sold on ebay:blush:)
Any answers please gents.
J.

elcon do a raiser that bolts into the slot james

VooDoo..get a set of extended up right arms...for the rear hubs....
plus steel rose bud joint...you may have to file out the slot a tad for the rose joint..
I have the same set up on my car...you will also need maybe longer turn buckle....
just my opinion here....Slawhammer

VooDoo..get a set of extended up right arms...for the rear hubs....
plus steel rose bud joint...you may have to file out the slot a tad for the rose joint..
I have the same set up on my car...you will also need maybe longer turn buckle....
just my opinion here....Slawhammer

Slawhammer,can you put up a picture of this tip.:) well,if you can.im a fool without pics...lol.:clown:

To be honest, I bought a used pair identical off the internet before I realised the problem.
After various, not having the tools you guys have, I got the correct ones off Hobbythek, where the rose joint bolts on top of the hub.
Alan.

Hey VooDoo...yeah I will take a couple pictures of them mounted on my car for ya
be later today.....I will post them here with a PS edit for pictures..Slawhammer

Last edited:
I have the plastic ones that fit and the aluminum ones, I just need a set of those uprights LOL

if you can't find any, I could send you the plastic ones I have. they haven't been threaded. no metal for the bolt, all plastic. moo sent them to me when I cleaned him out of his last fg stuff. I am keep the alloy ones as I plan on putting them on the semi

spot on Slaw..............:)

here james are a set on the back end of my Marder

using the 8mm steel rose joint...the rose joint has a 5mm dia hole :clown:

so on the extending arms you just have to drill out from 4mm dia

if you look close i have made a 1 piece nut from stainless for the 2 fixing bolts

this lets me put in 2 socket head screws from the same side:clown:

newpicsofmarderleopard043.jpg

I have the plastic ones that fit and the aluminum ones, I just need a set of those uprights LOL

if you can't find any, I could send you the plastic ones I have. they haven't been threaded. no metal for the bolt, all plastic. moo sent them to me when I cleaned him out of his last fg stuff. I am keep the alloy ones as I plan on putting them on the semi

Thanks Barry ,but you've already done me a freebee and i wouldn't want to kick the arse out of it.Cheers all the same.

I see what you mean Keith,good idea,I'll take a couple off another car to see how it goes.Ta.
Why did you make the double nut though?
J.

Hey VooDoo...the alloy upper arms...If the turn buckle bottoms out in the arm...
You cut the arm 5mm shorter for the turn buckle to thread in to....
Thats a tip I got from wolf gang @ hobby tech.....I bolted the same with cap screws &
lock nutied.........You can get shorter turn buckles...Not sure of the part number right off
........Slawhammer...

Thanks Barry ,but you've already done me a freebee and i wouldn't want to kick the arse out of it.Cheers all the same.

I see what you mean Keith,good idea,I'll take a couple off another car to see how it goes.Ta.
Why did you make the double nut though?
J.

i took some better pics of what i meant with the made nut:clown:

also i reduced the screw head dia by 1mm so as to fit the socket headed

bolts side by side ...the steel rose joint has 1mm thick brass washers

either side you can just make them out

as slaw said the turnbuckle will need shortening.....

this is how i hooked mine up :clown:machined the turnbuckle till i had

a couple deg neg camber then:2guns: pinned it

picture022.jpg

picture025.jpg

picture032.jpg

picture026.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks