Alloy upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nolimit

So is it bad to go all alloy on upgrades from what i read on other threads some say its best an others say don't do it. Anybody here done it an did it improve the car. I just bought all alloy parts for the front end of t1000 an was about to install but now im contemplating

IT DEPENDS WHERE!!
I like bling and know it costs $$$$$$$$$ so I DON'T bash hard.
Others cannot moderate, so insist on NOT putting alloy arms on, keeping some flex / give for that heavy landing too many.
Plastic can flex and spring back, or break and be relatively cheap to replace - alloy bends.
Diff cases, hubs, motor mounts - MUCH better alloy - need to be rigid - keep the bearings straight, everything true.
Body mounts - your call - some like to keep them 'sacrificial' and let them bend / break - cheap to replace.

Al.

IT DEPENDS WHERE!!
I like bling and know it costs $$$$$$$$$ so I DON'T bash hard.
Others cannot moderate, so insist on NOT putting alloy arms on, keeping some flex / give for that heavy landing too many.
Plastic can flex and spring back, or break and be relatively cheap to replace - alloy bends.
Diff cases, hubs, motor mounts - MUCH better alloy - need to be rigid - keep the bearings straight, everything true.
Body mounts - your call - some like to keep them 'sacrificial' and let them bend / break - cheap to replace.

Al.
So the whole front is bad ideal then when i say whole front end i mean whole front end. Upper an lower suspension arms, hubs steering arms, bulkhead,tierods, everything but the 2 front tires

It depends on your priority.
Looks / bling - I'd go all alloy - my Avatar FG MT is all alloy - but I don't bash anywhere like as hard as many.
If you want to go out and 'give it loads' then follow the original response.

Al.

I run alloy upper arms and hub carriers and plastic lower arms. Takes some of the slop out of the suspension without sacrificing all of the flexibility. Alloy lowers just get beat to death and look like crap after a while even if they don't bend

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks