Alternative DBXL Body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legacy

I've stumbled upon the Grafil body for the DBXL and was wondering if anyone knew of any other options for a different body for the DBXL. Also has anyone had any experience with the Grafil bodies?
Thanks

Oh man that thing looks sick! I would love to see more pictures. How was the fit, did the holes line up well? Also, what wheels and tires are those?

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Oh god. Where to start. You have to cut/trim the panels to fit. They are very thick. I started with body cutting scissors until my fingers went numb and were in a lot of pain. Then I got smart and used my dremel tool. The holes you have to drill also. So I made sure to use a really small drill bit to make sure I had it in the right place then drilled the larger hole. There is a build thread for my baja here on the forum with a lot of pictures . Grafil marks where to cut and drill everything but it's up to you to double check everything before you go crazy.

The Tires are MadMax Supergrips . The rims came with the tires . I bought them on sale last spring from DDM.

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Oh god. Where to start. You have to cut/trim the panels to fit. They are very thick. I started with body cutting scissors until my fingers went numb and were in a lot of pain. Then I got smart and used my dremel tool. The holes you have to drill also. So I made sure to use a really small drill bit to make sure I had it in the right place then drilled the larger hole. There is a build thread for my baja here on the forum with a lot of pictures . Grafil marks where to cut and drill everything but it's up to you to double check everything before you go crazy.

The Tires are MadMax Supergrips . The rims came with the tires . I bought them on sale last spring from DDM.
Thx for all the tips! It's very much appreciated. I'll look at your thread and definitely check out those tires.
I have one of the short course truck bodies bookmarked for when I decide I need a new one for my dbxl. Even fits over the cage. Supposed to be really tough.
That short course body is exactly what I'm looking at too!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks