DBXL 2.0 Alternative Lipo Rx pack for DBXL 2.0 2S Smart LiPo Pack (7.4V/4000mAh)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rajul

Hi guys, does anyone know of a good Lipo Rx battery pack for the DBXL 2.0 to replace the Spektrum 2S Smart LiPo Battery Pack (7.4V/4000mAh)? The battery pack should fit into the stock battery compartment. Thanks in advance !

Why not use the Smart packs? Cost?

It’s nice that they auto discharge.
^ This ;)

And also the reason why you might sometimes read about Spektrum lipos being "faulty" etc, most the time its because the user doesn't realise that these have an auto discharge feature, they manually discharge them which in turn drops the voltage too low destroying the pack!

I bought a second one, the premium in cost is well worth it for this feature alone. I also have other Spektrum lipos purely for this feature as i never need to worry about discharging or storage charge etc. as after 48 hours they auto drop voltage to storage mode. Some Spektrum chargers also let you adjust the time period for when you want them to auto discharge, But the default 48-72 hours is fine for me :)

There is zero reason to have a self discarging lipo. It's just another expensive gimmic so people don't take proper care of their batteries. Besides that any quality charger won't let you over discharge a lipo if you set it right. Learn how to properly care for your batteries.

There is zero reason to have a self discarging lipo. It's just another expensive gimmic so people don't take proper care of their batteries. Besides that any quality charger won't let you over discharge a lipo if you set it right. Learn how to properly care for your batteries.
Because when you have numerous packs/types keeping on top of them all along with my other SLAs and other types becomes a headache, i know how to care for batterys, having this feature for me is priceless, one less thing to manage, auto storage mode is a great feature, all lipo packs should have this as standard imo.

I was into scale flight with helps from sub micro to 450 size, multiple 1/8 scale e words and a few scale crawlers. Not to mention keeping after all the batteries for my flashlights. I haven't ever found it a hassle to keep up after them. I see zero need for a self discharging lipo.

I was into scale flight with helps from sub micro to 450 size, multiple 1/8 scale e words and a few scale crawlers. Not to mention keeping after all the batteries for my flashlights. I haven't ever found it a hassle to keep up after them. I see zero need for a self discharging lipo.
for others it maybe an issue, just because it works for you & easy to manage, don't mean the same for others. Like i say, i think its a great feature & i see no reason why other manufacturers don't do the same with all lipos, all this balance charging/voltages/discharge/storage mode etc is yesteryear! ..i just plug it my lipo, no matter what type/voltage my lipo's are, and thats it..my charger does the rest with no need to change any settings or do a discharge afterwards, unless you want to manually override it for whatever reason :)

i to have had planes/boats/helis/cars to name a few, most of which use all different types of battery's. Even if i didn't, id still use the Spektrum lipos/charger purely for the auto discharge feature as i know there is zero chance of my pack getting damaged because i forgot to discharge it to storage voltage, this is one of the most common causes of damaged packs.

another way to look at it, is remotes for TV's etc, or Power Steering for your vehicle & many other things that we use day to day, back in the day, we never had any, now everyone pretty much does, not because they NEED to, but because its a nice thing to have! same thing with auto discharge on spektrum packs, not needed, but for myself its a nice feature to have and i wont be using any other lipos from now on unless they have this feature :)

Last edited:

Why even respond with this nonsense? I could cut my lawn with scissors, but why would I when technology makes my life a little bit easier?

Some of us would rather not waste time worrying about discharging batteries if we don’t have to; I am glad advances in automation and technology exist!

Last edited:
On my v1 DBXL I am using a REEDY 2S LiFe 1600 pack...
I can get 3 or 4 tanks out of a charge, and for me its less hassle than a LiPo...
6.6V also, so in my case I am not worried about my receiver handling extra juice.
I have similar hump packs for my Bajas and have used them a couple years now... they work great for me

Why even respond with this nonsense? I could cut my lawn with scissors, but why would I when technology makes my life a little bit easier?

Some of us would rather not waste time worrying about discharging batteries if we don’t have to; I am glad advances in automation and technology exist!
Make sure your scissors are sharp and oiled before you start mowing your grass. Maintenence is a key part of using everything. It's not automation, it's a battery management system built in. It uses power to manage the batteries state of charge, from the pack itself. There is nothing to stop it for slowly discharging till the battery is flat dead. The whole principal banks on the user regularly using the pack and peak charging it. Let it go as long as a std pack and you'll be getting into low voltage territory. It's pure laziness. I have dozens of lithium batteries to keep after. It take a few minuets to run around and check voltages every few months.

Disagree with your sentiment. It’s like moving from a carbureted to fuel injected car. Sure, there is maintenance but advancements means less routine work. It’s progress by minimizing the need for human intervention, without it we’d all still be riding horses.

It is automation and by textbook definition. It automatically adjusts the SOC for storage. Just like that car that care we mentioned which automatically adjusts the air/fuel mixture.

Mirriam-Webster
Automation:
1: the technique of making an apparatus, a process, or a system operate automatically

2: the state of being operated automatically

3: automatically controlled operation of an apparatus, process, or system by mechanical or electronic devices that take the place of human labor

It's absolutely nothing like carburetor to fuel injection. There was little to no worry that you're battery would over discharge or your engine wouldn't run with the advent of fuel injection. (I'm just going to assume you mean electronic fuel injection, because mechanical injection was around for a long time before that.) There was also no need to worry that if your battery went dead you would have any other issues then a dead battery. There is real cause for concern with a severely discharged lithium battery. All you've done with this set up is add a failure mode that the battery doesn't need.
No we will never agree about this.

It's absolutely nothing like carburetor to fuel injection. There was little to no worry that you're battery would over discharge or your engine wouldn't run with the advent of fuel injection. (I'm just going to assume you mean electronic fuel injection, because mechanical injection was around for a long time before that.) There was also no need to worry that if your battery went dead you would have any other issues then a dead battery. There is real cause for concern with a severely discharged lithium battery. All you've done with this set up is add a failure mode that the battery doesn't need.
No we will never agree about this.

Why do you keep talking about a fully discharged battery? It has ZERO to do with the conversation.

The car example is about technology advancement through automation. I could talk about pencil technology too. What do you mean by a "failure mode"? It's automatically discharges to a storage state without human intervention, the definition of automation. You said you do this manually, great! Some of us occasionally pay more for less human intervention. Heck, I sometimes drive my car through a car wash, not the ole bucket method! :)

It has everything to do with the conversation, that's what the premise of the issue is. The battery includes a device to drain the battery to storage voltage. Ie it can over discharge the battery. That just so happens to be a potential issue that no one should have to worry about. The entire system is based on you using that battery every so often so the monitoring system doesn't parasitically lower the voltage too much. It's a stupid system with zero up side.

It has everything to do with the conversation, that's what the premise of the issue is. The battery includes a device to drain the battery to storage voltage. Ie it can over discharge the battery. That just so happens to be a potential issue that no one should have to worry about. The entire system is based on you using that battery every so often so the monitoring system doesn't parasitically lower the voltage too much. It's a stupid system with zero up side.

You contradict yourself in your reply but it doesn’t matter, I don’t think you are understanding how it works. And every battery will continue to see voltage drops and has to be charged at some point.

Have a great night.

I didn't contradict myself once.
How do you discharge a battery? Use available energy. Ie, it's contains some sort of resistive device to drop the power down. It also contains a micro controller that monitors the battery state, that by definition needs power to function. That 2 extra ways the battery can fault that a normal lipo can't. Like there isn't enough to go wrong in with a battery without adding another gimmick that still needs manual monitoring to make sure its functioning properly. It's 100% a solution in search of a problem that does not exist.

so this is going back and forth and not going anywhere... :p
The real question is what oil do you mix with your batteries? and what ratio? I like a 10:1 grapeseed.... :ROFLMAO:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks