Aluminum 3 Piece Quick Diff- KM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vertiviper

Anyone have any experience with KM's aluminum 3 piece quick differential?

540514388_o.jpg

I'd like to replace my tranny before it explodes, like every plastic tranny ever built, and destroys the rest of my drivetrain. lol

i have used them but i the ones that come stock on the km's seem to be over lock tited, i suggest anti sieze on the small bolts in with this case, all in all its a decent case, between the cases out there like integy, km and turtles, i prefer the integy,
the km will do what you want by giving you a solid casing, and with a hd case and gears with the turtle diff case skirt around the diff itself, you should be good to go for a long while

i have used them but i the ones that come stock on the km's seem to be over lock tited, i suggest anti sieze on the small bolts in with this case, all in all its a decent case, between the cases out there like integy, km and turtles, i prefer the integy,
the km will do what you want by giving you a solid casing, and with a hd case and gears with the turtle diff case skirt around the diff itself, you should be good to go for a long while

Thanks for the insight. What kind of internals do you recommend? (specific part #'s would be helpful)

which parts? the case or the internals?
The internals. As-is i've been running the stock alloy dif that came with my 2.0 and am very hapy with it. But, I also like to make things as rugged as possible.

I know guys put in aftermarket layshafts, gears, bearings etc..

i bought mine aftermarket and installed it, don't think it was a km brand tho, mine was orange, bought it from another place off ebay. works a charm though, as far as internals, mine had the metal version, so i just put that inside the new housing. no issues.

well this is what i use, i like it and its basicly a bullit proof system
which ever diff assembly case you get

hpi-85481
hpi-86483
hpi-86485
tt451-Turtle Racing Billet Differential Case Saver for HPI Baja 5B
tt213-FLM Super Duty Stock Length Driveshaft & Cup Kit for HPI Baja 5b
tt487-Kraken RC Titanium Clipless Layshaft for HPI Baja 5B

its all on sale at daves in the black friday page!

well this is what i use, i like it and its basicly a bullit proof system
which ever diff assembly case you get

hpi-85481
hpi-86483
hpi-86485
tt451-Turtle Racing Billet Differential Case Saver for HPI Baja 5B
tt213-FLM Super Duty Stock Length Driveshaft & Cup Kit for HPI Baja 5b
tt487-Kraken RC Titanium Clipless Layshaft for HPI Baja 5B

its all on sale at daves in the black friday page!
Good catch, picked up a bunch of stuff, including a new carb!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks