Aluminum diff housing opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcr1978

What does everyone think is the best aluminum diff housing option and why?

I find it completely worthless to spend the money on them if they do not offer oversized bearings. So far only ones that clearly state oversized bearings I can find are:
1. Taylor
2. Innovative-RC
3. MOD rear bearing upgrade for the stock housing. I currently have this and been it's been great so far. Will see how things go on with the elec conv.

Reasons for upgrading: Just got a HW max4/70125, yes I know electric is complete sin with this truck.
I can no longer stomach dusting motors and the maintenance for changing air filters twice per tank and still dusting filters. Tried V1 stock/outerware, DT1 tripple stage/outerware for the V1 stock housings, Crazy Stu with tripple stage DT1/outerware, to now a uni 2 stage that's 3.5" x 6" p/n UP-6182AST with an outerwear on the crazy stu intake. It's huge and still eating dirt, tried a bunch of different filter oils to PJ1, Belray, ect.

Probably be trading motor dusting for diff/tire carnage but need something new. Really want to 5iveT's a gasser and sparky version but one is expensive enough along with the maintenance that goes with it. Just wasted another set of center diff bearings again to so a Modified RC center support is on the way. Had this truck since 2015 and it's been a blast other than the cost associated with it and maintenance it's needed.

MOD Diff inserts for the rear, many options for the center case.

Attachments

• 6F70AD33-B197-46A3-A4ED-B9C16EA491CF.jpeg
    6F70AD33-B197-46A3-A4ED-B9C16EA491CF.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I got mine with the rcmaxx/taylor rc combo chassis.

Those parts are good for life as long as you don't go full speed into curbs purposely.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks