Aluminum Steering Servo Horn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JParker

I stripped out my stock plastic servo horn on a septic mound jump gone wrong. Do I upgrade to an aluminum horn or stick with the plastic piece to save my servo when it happens next time? I am new to the hobby, so I'm not sure how tough the servo is.

If you're just bashing around, go for the plastic again. Just have them handy when you run so it's a quick fix. Soften up the spring on the servo saver too. That'll provide more flex/give to the horn. If you're racing, get the aluminum and upgrade the crap stock servo to something better.

Thanks for the help guys. Figured I would go ahead and upgrade the servo, so I bought hitec 805MG. Unfortunately, it was DOA, so it is going back. Going back to stock servo and ordered a red servo horn for grins. I'll tweak the servo saver spring and make sure the steering cam is serviced before I get her back on the road.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks