And so it begins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benckie

well i just got mine the other day, $1771 aud shipped clear body, no serovs and no radio and no battery just how i wanted it.

i will say straight out of the box, it looks great well built, simple, but adijustable, tuff but sexy.

i don't know why i waited so long to get one.

sofar straight out of the box im happy as.

so im going to rip the new g260rc out and put in the rebuilt g270rc, wack in some digital servos, hook up me 3pm and new battery bash it for a little bit then pull all the plastic off and add all alloy parts and a few other up grades

S8003380.jpg

S8003383.jpg

S8003384.jpg

S8003387.jpg

i whent for the dull black all over but i think it looks ok, i was going to get a custom airbush job, but me mates bussy and it would of cost a packet to send it there and back, so since this is the first fg mt body it will be my basher body.

S8003422.jpg

S8003423.jpg

S8003424.jpg

S8003425.jpg

my first run a quick vid with my rebuilt g270rc motor, on my baja i just left the carb on factory settings, but for the fg mt i detuned it a bit, still goesd alright and the fg mt is quicker then i thought and the motor hasnt freed up yet, so after a few more tanks it sould go a little faster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ0J9xDWUJ8

Thats a good looking MT!

The performance of the motor are good, I see and hear in the vid.

yeah it goes well ive only got 5 tanks on the mt sofar with the new rebuilt g27orc nothing broken sofay im h=very happy with the truck.

here is some pics from my second bash with it

S8003428.jpg

S8003441.jpg

S8003443.jpg

S8003449.jpg

S8003451.jpg

S8003459.jpg

S8003484.jpg

S8003485.jpg

S8003493.jpg

S8003498.jpg

S8003500.jpg

S8003501.jpg

They sure are pretty when they're new!! Pretty fast huh? Watch out for Kangaroos while going that fast :lol: Stock brakes take a bit to stop the truck..

its not the fastest rc thing ive had, and ill say my baja was alot quicker, but for a g270rc with fat carb setting a stock muffler and stock gearing, i say its not bad, its quicker then i thought it would be so im happy, but its not as quick as a kangaroo

Last edited:
I remember opening up the box and just staring at it for awhile in awe.

Keep an eye on things and you should be ok. I ran mine for a long while totally stock before I just wanted to upgrade it.

Nice truck!:2guns:

yeah the usual stuff check screws are tight, back of on landings, i know i havnt ran many tanks thru it only 6 but nothing busted, just a servo screw falling out of the servo horn on the steering, i didnt lock tite it doh .

my spur gear has some chuncks out of it from some bad spills but its still holding up, ill wait till it gives out befor putting my new one on, and my cat 5 gears will be here soon, and will the alloy arms on the rear i souldnt have any more spur gear problems.

i have over 80% of the alloy parts already im just waiting on the alloy lowers and alloy rear hubs then its all alloy and my cat steel gears will be here in a few days so will my alloy engine mounts from PSR, but so far all i have done to it, it replace the new zen with my rebuilt g270rc and have add my own radio gear and a gbe airfilter set up, so im very happy, once krud pays up ill wack some hydros on it

Be careful with putting loctight on the horn screw, I used blue on mine and I can't get it off!!! The last servo I bought came with a small star washer, so I skipped the thread lock, so we'll see!

Nice truck,
Trip..

You sound like you have the whole upgrade thing ready and under control. Can't wait for the upgrade photos and watch the build. Congrats!

Be careful with putting loctight on the horn screw, I used blue on mine and I can't get it off!!! The last servo I bought came with a small star washer, so I skipped the thread lock, so we'll see!

Nice truck,
Trip..

mine did two and fell out, then i put red locktight and the screw came loose, i have the bolts now so ill put my alloy horn on next, once the plastic one falls out

Man, that`s a nice FG Monster :). I bet it will look awesome with all that alloy on. I would love to see a video of that thing running around with the DDM Dominator installed. It will be a great combination together with your modded G270rc.

What kind of mods have you done to the engine? Porting, reed valve etc?

Man, that`s a nice FG Monster :). I bet it will look awesome with all that alloy on. I would love to see a video of that thing running around with the DDM Dominator installed. It will be a great combination together with your modded G270rc.

yeah should look good with my old alloy frontend and a heap of my old rear end on it .

the engine is not quite stock :cool2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks