Another 5B rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milo

Not Horlicks🙄
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
So I’ve finished my truck now I need to finish my buggy. I was about to start putting it all together the I found myself staring at engine and thinking what could I do with this :unsure:

It’s a standard Zen G320 with a few bits, like a DDM Dom v2, angled velocity stack, billet manifold, mesh modded, Vertigo clutch housing I think, TR V2 clutch bell, pinion and plate, GBE rear mount and PHATDAD engine brace. She a little ripper but I think I’d rather do something similar to my old Darksoul SIKK engine which was a flyer for a 26cc.

She’s had a good life so I don’t care if I mess it up TBH, but I thinking is could try and give her a new lease of more powerful life..........hopefully.

I’ve got my own ideas but I’d listen to suggestions. 5002250023

So I’ve finished my truck now I need to finish my buggy. I was about to start putting it all together the I found myself staring at engine and thinking what could I do with this :unsure:

It’s a standard Zen G320 with a few bits, like a DDM Dom v2, angled velocity stack, billet manifold, mesh modded, Vertigo clutch housing I think, TR V2 clutch bell, pinion and plate, GBE rear mount and PHATDAD engine brace. She a little ripper but I think I’d rather do something similar to my old Darksoul SIKK engine which was a flyer for a 26cc.

View attachment 50022

View attachment 50023

She’s had a good life so I don’t care if I mess it up TBH, but I thinking is could try and give her a new lease of more powerful life..........hopefully.

I’ve got my own ideas but I’d listen to suggestions. View attachment 50022View attachment 50023
im excited for this. if u want sum more power u can put a esp head on it or a OBR head on it.

im excited for this. if u want sum more power u can put a esp head on it or a OBR head on it.
I was thinking that as the easier option, but my thoughts were going along the marine engine route which is basically what a SIKK engine was too.

I need to find out and try understand what if any the differences are in the porting between the 2 engines. There obviously was with CY 26 cc 2 bolt.

I probably need to ask the question in a different section. But I’m still thinking.
My Darksoul SIKK 26 is a real ripper but that’s for standard weight or lighter rigs IMO.

When you add weight you need torque not just BHP.

Think of this as an analogy, Torque is how hard you can punch and BHP is how fast you can punch. That really helped me understand.
Marine engines in their nature need more torque because water is nearly 800 times denser than air. If any of you know boats and ships you’ll know what I mean about big turning power, I.e. torque.

Last edited:
http://powerpete2.20megsfree.com/photo2.html

http://s244.photobucket.com/user/SniperSnake420/library/?sort=6&page=1

I did a similar porting as in the video and pictures, yes, that was the engine that suffered the broken crank, had plenty of power across the band, the poor steering stock servo was taken through its paces doing donuts ja ja

Done a cheap china KM 30.5cc engine. The only part I did not touch was the crankcase walls. I just did them after this last rebuild when replacing the broken crank, and cant wait to see how it turned out.

Last edited:
So whilst I’m deciding engine options I’m putting the rest of the buggy back together after a going over. So far gearbox and diff ok rear wheel bearings on their last legs fronts defo need changing.

I’ll list this one up when I’m done as well. Not that I want to but I’m sure someone will ask. :oops::censored:?500675006850069

I resprayed the chassis before I reassembled it to this point.

So whilst I’m deciding engine options I’m putting the rest of the buggy back together after a going over. So far gearbox and diff ok rear wheel bearings on their last legs fronts defo need changing.

View attachment 50067

View attachment 50068

View attachment 50069

I’ll list this one up when I’m done as well. Not that I want to but I’m sure someone will ask. :oops::censored:?View attachment 50067View attachment 50068View attachment 50069

I resprayed the chassis before I reassembled it to this point.
Those parts look quality ?

Mate been super busy, and the RC,s have taken a back seat because of it. My job can be very high pressure and often when I get home I just stare at them for while thinking I’m gonna sort this out but life (missus, 12 year old boy and 23 year old daughter keep me more than occupied.

The girls are getting pissed off because the room stinks of petrol and is full of my stuff.

Also picked up a new motor. So have been ragging that around much to my neighbours annoyance. But wow she’s a beast.

Mate been super busy, and the RC,s have taken a back seat because of it. My job can be very high pressure and often when I get home I just stare at them for while thinking I’m gonna sort this out but life (missus, 12 year old boy and 23 year old daughter keep me more than occupied.

The girls are getting pissed off because the room stinks of petrol and is full of my stuff.

Also picked up a new motor. So have been ragging that around much to my neighbours annoyance. But wow she’s a beast.
Oh ok. Understandable. Life gets in the way sometimes

Just a newer version of what I had.

Attachments

• 1E10A875-46D5-4F3A-AB3D-A2703D9BF850.jpeg
    1E10A875-46D5-4F3A-AB3D-A2703D9BF850.jpeg
    316.9 KB · Views: 19
  • D2BBDDD2-453A-44BC-82D9-FFAF62E8A019.jpeg
    D2BBDDD2-453A-44BC-82D9-FFAF62E8A019.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 19
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks