Another Baja Steering Servo Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, that is the default to not screw up servos. If you are running a real good digital servo you can get faster response by going to the 5 setting. If you are concerned about which servos to use on what setting email Spektrum and they will respond with an answer. Or you can call them.

Click here for Spektrum Contact Info

Contacted Spectrum today, according to them it will not hurt the digital syncro to run it at a slower rate but it may not perform at it's peak capability. They did not have an answer for why the set up screen says you have to operate the digitals at 5.5ms.

New servo came in!

Well the new servo came in today, HS-5745MG. Ran the car tonight until the neighbors started peering through the curtains. Runs great now, the only issue I have is that the DE BattleSwitch will not work at the 5.5ms setting for digital servos on the Spectrum 3R. If I set it to 11ms it works fine. Anyone else out there see this issue before? I'm going to contact Hitec and DE in the morning.

may be a DE issue, not able to talk that quick. if it turns out being a problem you cant solve, Kent at PBKillSwitch units works fine with the pretty much all radios regardless of servos used or what ms it talks at.

may be a DE issue, not able to talk that quick. if it turns out being a problem you cant solve, Kent at PBKillSwitch units works fine with the pretty much all radios regardless of servos used or what ms it talks at.

I talked to the engineer at DE, he explained that because the BS is designed for heavier loads the relay that they use is not fast enough to use the 5.5ms setting. The pico switch is designed to work in fast circuits and won't have the same issue as the BS. Also contacted Hitec, according to them with the exception of really specialized servos their digitals are designed to run at 11ms.

Hey BTB

even the DX3.0 has settings for digitals. you have normal and fast frame rate in the setup screen

I have to check that. I don't think I remember reading or going over that in the manual? It's been so long since setting them completely up.
Thanks for the heads up.:smile:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks