another ebayer to be wary of

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie

simonsfgspares.bought off him before with no problems.bought a used zen engine off him,sent it in a jiffy/padded bag!!!.of course arrived with damage.was sold as serviced and working.the flywheel side crank bearing had play in it and crank had excessive end float.he offered full refund inc return postage.sent it recorded and waited to hear from him.nothing.emailed him,he said waiting for me to return the engine.checked the recorded delivery and he had signed for it 2 days before!!.told him tracking number etc and what the box it was packaged in and nothing.now opened a dispute on ebay.he does sell alot of stuff.just be a bit wary guys.

Let's hope he's just got you confused with somebody else.
I'd suggest sending a message confirming that you have confirmation of the item being signed for, by him, and that you have opened a dispute with Ebay but are prepared to withdraw the complaint if he resolves it in the correct manner. .... .which is the confirmed refund of course as he'd told you.

Al.

Yep.a jiffy bag.i couldnt believe what i saw.update.as soon as i involed ebay he sent me a refund saying the engine had been left with his neigjbour.if so why did they print and sign his name?.he promised to pay return postage but hasnt yet.still got my feedback to leave yet so will see if i get all my money back

i've bought a few bits of this guys he seemed ok to me i did have to wait a little while for my bits but after emailing him he did reply pretty quick and it was all sorted

ive bought quite a bit from him before, have had a couple issues. i bought a set of balldrive axles, turns out they were actually just dogbones with boots on them. i got them so cheap and they were like new so i let that go. the other thing was the f1 air filter, it was cracked in shipping, fixable though. he offered me half my money back or to return it, of which i took half the money back.

he seems decent, stuff happens when you part out other peoples used cars. as long as he deals with it as he claims, its all good in my books.

as i said in my 1st post,i have had stuff off him before with no problems.to be fair he has paid for my return postage as he promised and gave me a refund so not bad,just took some chasing up,involving ebay and 4 days to get it back.think his descriptions are not always too clever.anyway all turned out ok and i managed to get a brand new unused engine for not much more than i paid him for a used incomplete one:w00t::cool:.

Just a short update on simonsfgspares.due to the poor packaging and having a knackd crank bearing i would have left him neg feedback but due to he gave me a full refund i though a neutral feedback was fair.kin el anyone would think i have slept with his wife!.he is not happy.i for one will not use him again.be wary of him.rant over

It's easy to look back and:
'He should have packed properly'
'He could have practiced what he preached'
'Perhaps I was a little harsh'
But it's the actual reactions at the time, which are ruled by basic understanding and fair play. You were upset, and naturally, as it was poorly packaged, etc., and you have a right to complain.
It's up to him to resolve the situation amicably, that is, if he wants to consider your custom in future.
If he believes that burning bridges is the best policy, then good luck. Service, follow up, and fair play mean a lot - they always have done.
Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks