Another guy with a can't start problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peebeme

O.k, I looked at every thing thing & Forum on what to do about engine not starting. I moved the fuel line around to make sure it wasn't bent under the air filter & it was. So before I took it out, I wanted to see if I could get it fired up agin after a week of studying from all these baja sites.
Sure enough it started right up after 3 pulls, so I turned it off and took it out 30 minutes later to see it not start up agin like always....Bummer ! MAN I don't know what the problem is ????????????

HPI's book say to start it up with the lever up or if problems starting it put the lever down.
KingMotor's book say to start it up with the lever down then put up when engine is already on.

I'm lost ! still on first tank of gas, still got like a half a tank left. I even took the gas out and put new gas in. good it be the oil that I'm using or what? I thought leaveing those 1/10 & 1/8 nitro rc's was a pain??????????????????????????????????????????????

Last edited:
Do you have a killswitch? Is it on?
Is your engine killswitch stuck in?
Is your choke left on instead of off?
Do you have spark?
Is the spark plug wet?
Do you have fuel?:laugh:
Did you hook the fuel line with the clunk in the bottom to the top of the carb or the bottom? It should be fed from the bottom and flow back out when primed out the top.
:D

ok, starting procedures:

first radio on, then truck, then move lever to choke ON postion, prime the bulb on carb by p[ushing in down over and over till you see fuel going through the YELLOW line, then pull, till it tries to start, take off choke to open postion, pull and it will start.

yes I did all of that guys & still nothing ? New fuel , I never took the fuel line apart from factory setting, spark plug good BUT a friend of mines said that my spark isn't lighting up like his does a while back. same plug from when I got this buggy. Should I change the plug you think ?

i had same problem, had a spark but wasnt strong enough. tried everything for 3 days then someone on this forum told me to change spark plug, did that and started on second pull, try that

Was the plug wet? If it was too wet you may have it flooded.
Remove the plug. Turn the engine upside down. Pull the pull start 10-15 times. This will remove the fuel from the lower end. Then replace the plug. Now start the model without the choke.

Changing the plug would be great if you have one.;)

Here's one for you !!
Have you got several different vehicles on the same Tx, and have you selected the correct one?
Reason I ask, is I have 2 which are very close on one of mine. So close that the WRONG one will still activate the servos, but the Remote Kill won't permit it (MT) to fire up. I'll probably end up re-binding.
Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks