another new toy this time it floats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renbar

ok ive built the bug that's cool the bmw that's even cooler time for a change this time I need water to run good job I live on the coast hey

meet miss evie this thing is huge nearly 5 foot long,,I got this for fathers day hence the boats name [after my little girl] this was a ex race boat setup for one thing speed,,been after a boat for years but there not cheap this was it cost £150 ready to go just had to fit a rx and go but nothings that easy right

first outing was fun but for all the wrong reasons it had no clutch so you chuck it in and go yeah right first splash I filled the hull 1/4 full of water it was more of a submarine than boat we had it go but just chucking it in the drink and hoping aint fun and not to safe the prop is knife sharp

so I got a clutch but to fit that I had to change a few things the rails didn't let me fit one so I removed the rails and remade them to 5" as most boats use this at some point this had 5" rails but one had been broken and bodged so I started over again

the engine was ok but a old g230 pum with just 2 ports so that got sold on and I got a mint g260 pum of ebay much better and much more power I needed new engine mounts plus the clutch/waterpump ect I also fitted a new flexy shaft stuffing tube with Teflon liner and t bar with oil cup to lube the shaft fitted turn fins and new water pickups basicly ditched everything but the hull fuel tank rudder and radio box everything else is new

now I know how much cars cost for parts better than most both my cars stink of money, but this boat is great the parts aint that bad for example a new stainless steel exhaust complete £45 posted if that was a car £140+ its the same with most the other fittings

ive not yet used this since the first outing and refit but hopfully this weekend it gets wet

now for some pics :w00t:

how it was
1_zps9ff8722b.jpg
015_zpseb29d920.jpg

one rail out the bodged one still in

019_zps7b57686b.jpg

old 230pum

008_zps099f2f7a.jpg

new 260pum wt257 carb

0152_zps51aa8673.jpg

mock up of new rails engines been lowered as much as possible

0072_zps4b886018.jpg
rails bonded in and clutch fitted

0054_zps39236314.jpg

how it looks now

100_1676_zpsa55be81c.jpg
100_1674_zpse1efe61d.jpg
100_1669_zps853fa6d9.jpg

and one for size compared to the fg on road

100_1677_zpsd3486884.jpg

more to come got big plans for this boat I want more power maybe another engine if I can find a way of joining 2 zens plus im looking at powerspark ignition setup

http://www.power-spark.de/index_en.html

ha ha I might mod the trailer ive got al that's not a problem mate the issue is my golf the boats just under 5 foot the golfs boot is just about big enough to fit the bug in I think its that what needs a trailer

err id rather walk than drive a audi again mate golf's here to stay its the best car ive owned and ive had a few cool cars, im really thinking of a vr6 turbo conversion at the mo all depends on insurance costs but the boat still wont fit lol you can get a roof rack for the golf convertables belive it or not or ill butcher a bike boot rack theres always a way round things al

nah not for me mate

this though might be sad thing is the money ive spunked on toys would have more than covered the conversion

Porsche performance for less than you would think

Last edited by a moderator:
24 year old mate mines from 1990 its that engine in a tin box with no roof that's the thing but it would be wicked fun baiting high end stuff how gutted would you be sitting in your audi/bmw/ect and that came past like you

24 year old mate mines from 1990 its that engine in a tin box with no roof that's the thing but it would be wicked fun baiting high end stuff how gutted would you be sitting in your audi/bmw/ect and that came past like you

Ha ha ...yeah,that would be one for YouTube!:lol::lol:

J

Really liking your set up...I have just started to refurbish a 45" deep V Dumas Scarab from the mid 80s. I am throwing in a similar set up to what you're running with the exception of it having a R263 27cc CY engine. I hope I have the patience and skill to even come close to a final product like yours. I am going to attempt to glass a hatch for mine since one hasn't been made for this boat for 20 years or so. Wish me luck!

first good run today boat wasn't to bad but any tips on setup would help im finding it hard to turn both ways it just feels lazy plus I think the stinger angle was wrong forcing the arse of the boat down and at points engine sounded like it was on and off the power?

Hey Barry i did not know you had gone into the getting your feet wet brigade

have you any waders for when the boat comes to a halt just when you didnt

want it to :p

looking good though ......remember its all to do with where do i put the ballast

and size of your prop:w00t:....if it only had the 23cc in and now you have upped

the cc/power, then maybe your prop is to big:p

im selling up some of my rides like the leopard and monster truck if you

know a buyer :D as im moving home soon

K....

hows you mate yeah ive got it to boats now mate this was a fathers day pressie
its great fun yes ive been wading out already im not into kinky boots like you old timers lol Im prepared to get wet

ive tried to keep cg as close to it was when I got it I think what didn't help with that run I had filled the tank right up @2 1/2 litres which is @2 1/2 kg next time out I will just fill it with 1 litre and see how it runs also ive moved the angle of prop I had it up to much

im stuck though with rudder setup its fitted with duel rudder @100mm out from transom and the stinger was set at @125mm so ive shortened the stinger to 105mm hopefully it will turn better im new to this boating lark all I know is its meant to float

ok its boating time again ive been busy on the pipedream since last year with a complete rebuild first up I skinned inside hull with 2x2 carbon fibre plus I added carbon fibre ribbon to both side where hull joins added more meat to the transom as it was way to thin due to it being a old mid 80's boat with the prop under boat

new paint this took weeks to finish its a silver base coat then I sort of marbled it with a old carrier bag with various airbrush candy colours ranging from purple gold orange cherry red metallic flake then was the nightmare of clear coat and loads of wet flatting more clear more flatting then compound and polish leaving a near glass finish underside was easy plain white

next up details the small cleats silver stickers Zenoah on the side and of course 46 respect to the rossi

now got twin rudders new radio box with green flux capacitor savox servos 3s lipo batt voltage gauge in green ubec carbon servo arms

and the deck lid this was just a laugh but has come out real good 2 Barbie dolls minus legs then with any old crap I made a v8 engine with supercharger headers and nos bottles and made it all look scale

now just needs water

100_2204_zpsmaj7vpyw.jpg
100_2205_zpsbudrurjn.jpg
100_2208_zpsvejolagt.jpg
100_2209_zpsfuvknxj0.jpg
100_2211_zpspskfyzih.jpg
100_2222_zpsh3vv1jsn.jpg

next up power power power im after more cc's and a mod 257 carb plus powerspark ignition

test runs today mega happy broke the flexy shaft but a good run I need to man up on turning and change some things mainly look into why flexy broke

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks