Another one.... finally !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doza28

Although i`ve been on this forum for a few years, i don`t tend to post much rather using it to see what others are up to and for tips etc. However, i thought this was worth sharing.

A few years ago (around 2013) i had an 04 Comp lwb which i sold to Renbar. Its great to see the progress hes made with that- the car looks stunning.

Ive always wanted an original MCD rally and i managed to pick one of these up in January of last year, but i still wanted to get another FG- ideally one of the older Porsche models or the BMW GTR.

After looking for months searching in the usual places as well as in Europe, I found a lovely barely used car - an old Porsche 964 RSR in the Falke livery. I believe this was a package car sold by FG in the late 90s/early 00s. It even came with an older Zenoah G2D engine and not the more common Solo engine of that era. (this engine was lovely and smooth when i tested it btw)

Having spent a few £££ on alloy bits/radio tray (yet to be fitted) and a newer G230, im finally enjoying it. Im intending to add an LSD as the standard rear diff is comical in its distribution of power. Maybe i`ve been spoilt by the Mcd`s brilliant traction, but it certainly makes it a challenge to drive!

I do have a question for those who are FG experts. Id really like to add the Big power exhaust to this car. I like the way it puts the exhaust out the back rather than down the side. Does anyone know if the exhaust will fit with the roll cage thats on the car? I had a Lauterbacher version and it was positioned too far out to the side and wouldn`t fit with the cage, but i have a feeling the FG one tucks in a little closer to the chassis...

As always, any tips or hints would be appreciated. Like the MCD, this is just a fun car which i use at work when its quiet.

Im hoping to finish adding the Allow rear lower arms and the rear shock tower as well as the Alloy gear carrier. These come up quite often so i don't think i`ll be waiting long.

porsche chassis.jpgnext to mcd 2.jpg

Although i`ve been on this forum for a few years, i don`t tend to post much rather using it to see what others are up to and for tips etc. However, i thought this was worth sharing.

A few years ago (around 2013) i had an 04 Comp lwb which i sold to Renbar. Its great to see the progress hes made with that- the car looks stunning.

Ive always wanted an original MCD rally and i managed to pick one of these up in January of last year, but i still wanted to get another FG- ideally one of the older Porsche models or the BMW GTR.

After looking for months searching in the usual places as well as in Europe, I found a lovely barely used car - an old Porsche 964 RSR in the Falke livery. I believe this was a package car sold by FG in the late 90s/early 00s. It even came with an older Zenoah G2D engine and not the more common Solo engine of that era. (this engine was lovely and smooth when i tested it btw)

Having spent a few £££ on alloy bits/radio tray (yet to be fitted) and a newer G230, im finally enjoying it. Im intending to add an LSD as the standard rear diff is comical in its distribution of power. Maybe i`ve been spoilt by the Mcd`s brilliant traction, but it certainly makes it a challenge to drive!

I do have a question for those who are FG experts. Id really like to add the Big power exhaust to this car. I like the way it puts the exhaust out the back rather than down the side. Does anyone know if the exhaust will fit with the roll cage thats on the car? I had a Lauterbacher version and it was positioned too far out to the side and wouldn`t fit with the cage, but i have a feeling the FG one tucks in a little closer to the chassis...

As always, any tips or hints would be appreciated. Like the MCD, this is just a fun car which i use at work when its quiet.

Im hoping to finish adding the Allow rear lower arms and the rear shock tower as well as the Alloy gear carrier. These come up quite often so i don't think i`ll be waiting long.

View attachment 47494View attachment 47495

wow they look great!

Thanks guys... Yeah they do look awesome sat together ?

The Mcd is almost fully modified now with a couple of v4 parts fitted.
The Porsche will get there soon hopefully

Voodoo... I know you were a fan of the Mcd rally cars. Sure I've seen videos of yours on YouTube ?

Got round to fitting the KCR alloy radio tray and hitec servos I had yesterday.
Much better throw on the steering now with this single servo than the two S3301s fitted previously. Brakes are also much sharper too.

Shame the weather is so rubbish at the minute. Not really the time of year to be enjoying these cars either, although the MCD is epic on wet tarmac!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• tray.jpg
    tray.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 12
They are lovely. I need to get a proper street car. I have an offroader that I converted but without proper suspension its a bit uhm....lively..on the road at high speeds.

They are lovely. I need to get a proper street car. I have an offroader that I converted but without proper suspension its a bit uhm....lively..on the road at high speeds.

I think if you're into 5th scales, most people would like an on road as well as off.
I really fancy a 2wd Leopard...:giggle:

Nice , clean set-up Doza.
J
I've just found an old vid on Youtube :rolleyes:
J

Nice driving Voodoo... The way an Mcd Rally should be driven :LOL:
Wet tarmac and Snow are where these cars are in their element

I had two RWD. One full alloy the other had a good few mods on it. Unfortunately I have sold them a good while ago.
J
https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/new-shell.9368/
Thats one of them . I had one called a T3 Mamba , it was full alloy , great until you wanted to undo any screws then there was trouble. They were all threadlocked in and were a bugger to get out.
J

Last edited:
View attachment 47639
My missus gave up when I reached three....then there were another eleven to add to that...:rolleyes:.....:ROFLMAO:

J
How old are you Doza?
J

That's nice ?

37 this month... Old enough to know better lol.

She's actually a diamond my wife. We're both very good with each other when it comes to how we spend our money. She knows my guilty pleasures and vice versa.

Trouble is, it's hard to justify that outlay when you're saving for somewhere.

I have my slot car hobby which im currently in the process of thinning out so that might fund a purchase

On another note, I've got some parts on their way for the Porsche including some shiny alloy parts and the Big Power pipe. :LOL:

Just lower rear arms to find now.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks