Any thoughts on Rovans 46cc engine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason this argument always reminds me of talking to a feminist about the stastical gap in salaries between men and women. It is true that men earn more than women if you take the whole job market and klump it together and ignore differences in preference regarding work hours, job chosen etc etc.. Just ignore everything but the meta numbers ,essentially. It is a statistical manouvre (read: manure) that is triumphed by the reality of capitalism.

If companies could get their workforce at 15% less by hiring only women, no man would ever find a job again. Tadaaaa....

Same thing with chinesium wares. If they were actually that good, Chinese people would buy them. But they wont. People from other countries will and will then parade their poverty around like a token of pride against all the 'suckers' who paid more for better quality.

At any rate, from the sideline both are hillarious to watch. I have teh candied popcorn, who wants?!

WELL i didn't mean to start a row but its kind of funny all the same! I think ill give the rovan a go its cheap enough and the first engine i had was a rovan two bolt 30.5 which runs as good as my ported scott finley 320 and my OBR 340 reed and the bloody thing is indestructable. Thank you all for your comments.
Oh by the way i have tried to break it, hit with hammers, blown it up even let the mrs look ai it and she's welsh! Still runs.

WELL i didn't mean to start a row but its kind of funny all the same! I think ill give the rovan a go its cheap enough and the first engine i had was a rovan two bolt 30.5 which runs as good as my ported scott finley 320 and my OBR 340 reed and the bloody thing is indestructable. Thank you all for your comments.
Oh by the way i have tried to break it, hit with hammers, blown it up even let the mrs look ai it and she's welsh! Still runs.
Go for it, I hope I didn't come off like I was trying to make/convince u not to buy it, I was stating my experience. Good luck hope it's not a lemon!

At the end of the day there is no reason to get defensive or too emotionally involved. And if you do, take a step back and look up the 'sunk cost fallacy'. Because what we are talking about is preferences and I do not suspect that people are lying to me (well,, mostly anyway) if they tell my that they have a wonderful experience with something I found to be a complete dud.

Believe it or not. I am happy that clone companies like Rovan exists. They have gotte A LOT of people on board. My worry is that the quality they were first (in)famous for, may have put more people off the hobby than a higher quality product would but if the end result is that 1000 new people joined the hobby who would never even have considered it at Horison and the other large players exorbitant prices, then that is a net win for all of us.

Our experiences is just that. n=1 and this is why we share them with each other to get a bigger picture. I am sure that outside of our circle of connoisseurs of fine explosion propelled toy cars there are even more enthusiasts who are plenty happy with their cheap beer and know exactly where we can stuff our snob whateveritwas.

If you are a skilled mechanic and are going to replace anything with 3rd party parts anyway, you would have to be an idiot, a snob or hate money to overpay for a cast metal housing on which to attach the 3rd party bits and bobs. My final 2c on this constantly re-run quagmire.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks