Anybody used one of these?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
Just seen this on DDM's site.Has anyone got one? Used one?
The spec sounds good. Engine Stats: Displacement: 62cc (47.5mm bore, 35mm stroke). Power: 5.4HP @9,500 RPM. Torque: 3.04 ft/lbs @7,500 RPM. Compression Ratio: 8.2:1. Fuel: 87 octane or higher mixed 25:1 with 2-stroke oil.
I could magine it goes very well.
Any feedback boys?
J.

Oops,thought I put the link in. Here ya go Duck.
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.968/.f

The Zenoah G62PU engine is a 62cc performance machine. Includes Walbro HDA-48 high-performance carburetor, Champion RCJ-7Y spark plug, and canister muffler. Sold as shown.

Note: This engine was supplied specifically from Zenoah without ignition coil, flywheel, etc, so it could be used in R/C car applications (specifically, the KRD/Skopod conversion kit to allow this engine to fit into an HPI Baja 5b). In current form, this engine is not complete to be used in an R/C airplane.
J.

VooDoo..that engine is mainly used in Go_Ped scooters.......
I guess 1 could adapt to fit Rc cars.......Slawhammer

Nice one Roger,great vid.
Who are they trying to kid(gonads):nono::nono::nono: DDM is selling them for $299.00. ok there is a pull start and a few more bits but it dosnt add up to an extra $700.00!!!!!!
J.
Thought they would have a bit more grunt in them though.

Nice iv apart from the annoying fecker at 50 secs.

Last edited:
FG Fit

Just got an email off Daves about this engine....Interesting.

It can be modified to fit, we will have the KRD/Skopod conversion kits soon.

Brad

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 3:49 PM, james .................................co.uk> wrote:
Hiya DDM
Will this engine fit in the FG MT? If not is there any way of modifying it to fit?
bb199 - Zenoah G62PU Engine Longblock

Regards
James.
:):):)

the 62cc conversions going into the baja are built ported motors that come with a tuned pipe and a modified clutch housing to fit.

they run aroung 1000.00. thats for the motor, the port work and the tuned pipe and the conversion with clutch housing.

imo, its a lot of torsque, but at 15K rpm, its gonna be slow as hell. sure you could gear it to the moon, IF there was gearing available that went that high.

great torque, moderate topspeed. great for a 4x4 hill climber impo, but just hype for anything else imo. for that same 1000. id build a TS Reed 30.5 and have a more usefull motor.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks