Anyone ever do a "big bore" upgrade kit install?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

momofx

Just wondering if anyone did a big bore upgrade kit install. I am considering gettin one for my 23cc but would like to know if it is worth doing and there is a noticable difference in power, etc.

im waiting on delivery on my 29cc bigbore kit 4 bolt.. from a 26cc 2bolt with tuned pipe . so hopefully runswell and ill see the diffrence in power :).. ill post how it goes in the nxt few weeks .....

im waiting on delivery on my 29cc bigbore kit 4 bolt.. from a 26cc 2bolt with tuned pipe . so hopefully runswell and ill see the diffrence in power :).. ill post how it goes in the nxt few weeks .....

You need a 4 bolt bottom end to fit a 4 bolt top end.
Better off just buying a Zenoah G290RC with a 668 on it.

Some pictures of the differences between a 4-bolt head/case and a 2-bolt head/case

Picture # 1
4-bolt head on top, 2-bolt head on bottom....
upload_2017-12-19_0-2-16.png

Picture # 2
Now look at the cases. 4-bolt on top, 2-bolt on bottom. For what you are trying to do you're gonna need a 2 bolt big bore head kit, not a 4-bolt head kit.
upload_2017-12-19_0-5-11.png

Just realized...showing a zen and a CY. I'll upload pics of a 4-bolt CY tomorrow.

Some pictures of the differences between a 4-bolt head/case and a 2-bolt head/case

Picture # 1
4-bolt head on top, 2-bolt head on bottom....
View attachment 44834

Picture # 2
Now look at the cases. 4-bolt on top, 2-bolt on bottom. For what you are trying to do you're gonna need a 2 bolt big bore head kit, not a 4-bolt head kit.
View attachment 44835

Just realized...showing a zen and a CY. I'll upload pics of a 4-bolt CY tomorrow.

I'd stay well away from 2 bolts.
I ended up chucking mine and buying the Zen.
With a 2 bolt you can't get even pressure around the head and they blow gaskets all the time esp if you've upped the compression.

I'd stay well away from 2 bolts.
I ended up chucking mine and buying the Zen.
With a 2 bolt you can't get even pressure around the head and they blow gaskets all the time esp if you've upped the compression.

True.

That 2 bolt is a back-up, back-up motor....been sitting on the shelf for over a year. 23cc with a 28.5cc head kit.

well I`ll say my 2 bolt 5bss engine did 32ltr of fuel before the head bolts came loose and killed the gasket...:rolleyes:..if I`d of chked themit would of not happened......and my 26 was a sweet engine...I have rebuilt it now and stil have it here......:)

Just buy the Rovan 36ccc long Block.
Its pretty much complete and ready to drop in and is only like $135 bucks.

Thats whats in my buggy and it screams.
Even Digs out.IMG_4991.JPG IMG_4995.JPG

One of my buds was at the track yesterday with his KM 5ive clone with the 35cc KM mill. It sounded like it was running well but I never saw him when I had my trucks on the track.

Why do they suck?

Other than people popping in and just saying they suck really is not solid argument.

I have a Rovan 36cc motor and it has been run nearly everyday for a month straight with zero issues.
What else can I do to truly see that the Rovan "sucks"?
I unlike most people, read the entire owners manual and followed the break in procedure and have had zero issues.
Just makes No sense other than people being butthurt that Rovan sells a baddass rc car for pennys on the dollar.
I guess I need to drive it off a bridge and then back over it with a semi truck to see if it will stand the test of time because pyroMike247 and everyone else says Rovan motor "sucks".

What other test can I conduct to find out if the motor "sucks" as you say?

pyroMike is probably some fat truck driver sitting in a truck stop in Dover Delaware and is wearing a feedbag full of peanut butter and syrup and has never even owned a rc car and in reality needs to put the computer down and go take a shower because it has been nearly a month since the fat cow has even washed under his overgrown arm pits.

Good God dude
Go take a shower.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol wow someone got butthurt.. ive owened 2 rovan motors and both lasted no longer than 3 tanks. One the cylinder plating flaked off resulting in a stuck ring . Second one crank bearing failure. Maybe you should do more research about them and you will see that fact. Ive been building bajas 8 years bud, and in rc hobbies 20 years. Smoke another one bro

Maybe you should take my advise instead of being immature. Search my Info.. pyroM!KE

http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/index.php

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks