Anyone ever tried this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scruffy

I didn't want to go with a 7.4v lipo(don't want to take the chance with a fire with kids in the house). So I bought 6 sub-c cells, 1.2v each and made my own 7.2v nimh pack20171211_193700.jpg This really woke up the 7.4v Savox steering servo. And I found a great deal on a Savox 1270tg servo on eBay for the brake/throttle. 49 bucks shipped:) Now I'll just have to get the Killer RC taller receiver box lid and everything will fit like a glove:)

I've considered it often, using those batteries used for boxmod vaping devices but never actually done it. Now I might. But fires??? Are Lipo's really that volatile? If they were, then I doubt they would be legal to sell to private citizens.

lipo's are very safe if used right, the only thing you can do wrong is massively overcharge to get them to burst. They need to be protected from impact also and make sure you do not drop them below a set voltage which can also be a pain, great battery for punch and performance but need more care for sure to keep them going well. As for fire .... no not unless you abuse in crazy ways

lipo's are very safe if used right, the only thing you can do wrong is massively overcharge to get them to burst. They need to be protected from impact also and make sure you do not drop them below a set voltage which can also be a pain, great battery for punch and performance but need more care for sure to keep them going well. As for fire .... no not unless you abuse in crazy ways

I agree with what you said...all true...but he didnt want to deal with lipos.....gave a different option besides the nimh

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks