Anyone filtering their gas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fstnd378

The HPI baja seller has been ignoring me for more than a week so I started thinging around with my FG🤣

After having replaced basically everything I tried filtering out the ethanol in my gas for the first time (there is seriously no way to get ethanolfree gas where I live). I did it with water on the bottom, poured the gas in, shaked it for 10 sec and then let it rest for 2 or 3 days to let it completely seperate (screenshot from YT, the ethanol hasn't seperated yet)Screenshot_20231129_074554_YouTube.jpg Today was my first test using the filtered gas and the engine seemed quite happy: no bogging, fast acceleration, lot of power. Just about 40% throttle and the FG started drifting👍 enough power that the smaller gear against the diff gear flew off. Luckily nothing is damaged, I repaired everything already. Should I do this more often or can it actually damage the engine? I filtered everything really carefully

Ethonal make up a large portion of hitting the required octane rating in modern fuels. You're not doing yourself any service by phase separating it.
Second, the engine will never notice you're running it on e10 if it's tuned right.
If you're worried about storage issues, go and buy some canned fuel and use it to purge. Get the regular gas and mix whatever oil ratio you run.

Lowes, Home Depot should have some VP Racing ethanol free 94 octane in quart and gallon jugs. Also, NAPA should have these as well. At least that's what I see locally on this small rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks