Anyone have the Crazy Stu on a Losi 5IVE 2.0?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josegarcia8578

How bad was the cage mod needed?

Has anyone made their own? The price seems pretty steep at $120.

Anyone know the size (ID/OD) of the silicone pipe? I'm thinking about making one, I want to relocate the filter away from the tires and the dirt.

Anyone know the size (ID/OD) of the silicone pipe? I'm thinking about making one, I want to relocate the filter away from the tires and the dirt.
The ID of the tube I used 1.75" and it slides over the velocity fine. So you know the crazy Stu intake uses that metal tube thing, I bought this https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/171154259010 you'll probably need to cut it as it's a bit long, but that's no problem, just take it to a exhuast shop or something and ask em to cut em down to a length that you desire.

Well no but my concept is the same if you were gonna make ur own. So this is how in doing it. Buy a velocity stack, $7. You already have your own carb bolts so those aren't needed, you'll have to find the tube but they aren't that expensive, I got mine for $6, dt1 air filter $20, air filter outerwears $22, you could make ur own if you want, 3x hose clamps, approx $4, and the little metal tube for the filter, i got mine for $8. So the total would be like $68. That's if you don't have a filter and don't have outerwears. So if you had your own filter, velocity stack and outerwears it would be a good savings. I only needed the $6 tube and $8 metal air filter tube thing, so I ended up spending only $14. Keep in mind, I own a Baja not a losi so prices may be a little different for you.

Per @Z.hb71. Posting it here just in case anyone wants to make their own. Very god list of items needed!
Thanks for the link for that adapter. Does it go between the pipe and filter? As an adapter?

Thanks for the help! I took the losi out to a dirt track....filter was dud after an hour. It got supper dirty even with an outerwear on.

Per @Z.hb71. Posting it here just in case anyone wants to make their own. Very god list of items needed!
Thanks for the link for that adapter. Does it go between the pipe and filter? As an adapter?

Thanks for the help! I took the losi out to a dirt track....filter was dud after an hour. It got supper dirty even with an outerwear on.
crazy stu.jpg
it goes in between the tube and the air filter, partly as a adapter and becuase so the filter can clamp down to something solid vs clamping onto the silicone tube which can flex and the air filter pop off and let the engine suck dirt in https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/171154259010 thats what i bought as ive linked

Thanks that makes sense. Does the velocity stack make a difference? I'm thinking of going with a ddm one? What about the velocity stack height?
a veloctiy stack is only to adapt the tube to the carb so you do need one. as far as i know the diameter of all the velocity stacks are the same, but length//hieght is different, id go with the longest one u can get (i think its 1 inch) becuase more clamping area (if that makes sense)

View attachment 51629
it goes in between the tube and the air filter, partly as a adapter and becuase so the filter can clamp down to something solid vs clamping onto the silicone tube which can flex and the air filter pop off and let the engine suck dirt in https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/171154259010 thats what i bought as ive linked
Z, you really should use aluminum for all intake tubing for risk of unseen rust that may form and fall off and enter the engine. I know you don't want to do that all again.

a veloctiy stack is only to adapt the tube to the carb so you do need one. as far as i know the diameter of all the velocity stacks are the same, but length//hieght is different, id go with the longest one u can get (i think its 1 inch) becuase more clamping area (if that makes sense)
I'm going to go with the 1 in then. My questions was aimed more towards the brand of the velocity stack. I saw some expensive ones. I'm thinking of the DDM one.

Yes, I've made my own intake better than the Crazy Stu's intake... I found a carbon fiber 51mm 90° tube and put some silicone tubing for automobiles on the Turtle Racing intake it's nicer looking lighter the intake filter is in a better place. I've made this in several types one in a carbon fiber hybrid, and a full silicone model and the air filter is in a better place...IMG_20180906_135633.jpg
Yes, I've made my own intake better than the Crazy Stu's intake... I found a carbon fiber 51mm 90° tube and put some silicone tubing for automobiles on the Turtle Racing intake it's nicer looking lighter the intake filter is in a better place. I've made this in several types one in a carbon fiber hybrid, and a full silicone model and the air filter is in a better place...IMG_20180906_135633.jpg
Carbon Fiber Hybrid model...15595739818391280460601.jpg

The mid mounting bracket...15595742421682020049770.jpg

Air intake filter view...15595743884971902500410.jpg
The full silicone model cost $$$ less than $25.00 for everything but the turtle Racing intake. I don't know because I bought it years before making this intake. Rovan RC makes it, alloy and plastic for a lot less than the Turtle Racing intake...but years ago only the Turtle Racing intake existed...

The Carbon Fiber Hybrid intake "FOUND ON EBAY" from a company in the UK...1559575100527428117174.jpg
This company had everything on there website the 51mm Carbon Fiber intake tube was more than the silicone tubing but after making the silicone model first I found on the website the 51mm 90° carbon fiber intake tube £18.99 and I just purchased it to try it "I'm board...100% service connected veteran I make things to stay busy" and it worked out very nice, plenty of length on both ends, I even trimmed some off one end...
Hell, even the Carbon Fiber intake model was a hole lot less than the Crazy Stu's intake...
O...yea and I put a a velocity device behind the carburetor to help compress they are going past the carburetor and I could have put one inside the intake anywhere because it fits snugly inside...

Air intake filter view...15595743884971902500410.jpg
The full silicone model cost $$$ less than $25.00 for everything but the turtle Racing intake. I don't know because I bought it years before making this intake. Rovan RC makes it, alloy and plastic for a lot less than the Turtle Racing intake...but years ago only the Turtle Racing intake existed...

The Carbon Fiber Hybrid intake "FOUND ON EBAY" from a company in the UK...1559575100527428117174.jpg
This company had everything on there website the 51mm Carbon Fiber intake tube was more than the silicone tubing but after making the silicone model first I found on the website the 51mm 90° carbon fiber intake tube £18.99 and I just purchased it to try it "I'm board...100% service connected veteran I make things to stay busy" and it worked out very nice, plenty of length on both ends, I even trimmed some off one end...
Hell, even the Carbon Fiber intake model was a hole lot less than the Crazy Stu's intake...
O...yea and I put a a velocity device behind the carburetor to help compress the air & fuel mixture. Is going past the carburetor and I could have put one inside the intake anywhere because it fits snugly inside...
15595761480051682816295.jpg
I even put a nipple within the correct area to allow the pulse pressure to help the carburetor to pump fuel or direct back pressure to the fuel tank...
Or direct unused fuel back to the fuel tank depending on which carburetor you are using...

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks