Anyone Recomend upgrades ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X2Boss

Have the King Motor X2 and so far upgrades are as follows:
All alloy parts available I've fitted
CY vertigo open cluth housing
Vertigo center diff brace
18/58 T gearing
Full Force version 2 fule lines
Walbro WT997 carb
DDM velocity Stack
Area 51 steering knuckles
R2C competition short stack Pro air filter
Air filter and pull starter covers
Turtle V2 pull starter
All round stainless steel bolts WITH BLUE THREAD LOCK
Copper spray on all gaskets (gaskets last twice as lon I would Recomend

So far thats is could anyone suggest if any of the above you would take off or swap etc?

Cheers

And any UK people live near devon? Get lonely on my own lol

:lol::lol::lol: If you know how to drive you do not need 4 wheel drive. All so a two wheel drive will get more speed do to a LOT LESS weight and friction from the drive on the other wheels. I only race and know how to drive so the extra weight and friction is not needed. ;)

I think X2Boss needs to learn how to keep it running before he upgrades anything else. He has a LOT of posts the are all about keeping it running in one way or another.

:lol::lol::lol: If you know how to drive you do not need 4 wheel drive. All so a two wheel drive will get more speed do to a LOT LESS weight and friction from the drive on the other wheels. I only race and know how to drive so the extra weight and friction is not needed. ;)

I think X2Boss needs to learn how to keep it running before he upgrades anything else. He has a LOT of posts the are all about keeping it running in one way or another.

Well that makes no sense at all I race also and you can not drive a 2 wheel drive in a 4 wheel drive class its not going to happen!!!! and I don't care how well you drive a 4 wheel drive handles different then a 2 wheel drive on and off the track you can not drive or set the up the same!!!!

Well that makes no sense at all I race also and you can not drive a 2 wheel drive in a 4 wheel drive class its not going to happen!!!! and I don't care how well you drive a 4 wheel drive handles different then a 2 wheel drive on and off the track you can not drive or set the up the same!!!!

I see you are in Atlanta and wondering where you race large scale? What vehicle do you race? Yes two wheel drive takes more skills. ;) So you are saying that heaver and more friction does nothing for performance I think you know better.

Last edited:
No Ia m not saying that at all and you know I know better. I know who you are and you know of me you have promised a few times to come and race after it was VRP and you came only once because you had your grand kids. I go to markos house quite often and we run them there for fun. I have raned 2 times at the track outside of macon with some guys in macon who swear they were 5th scale kings. But the serious most fun racing is in NC.

Here is an example of a cheap ass Redcat!!!!! anyone can see in the video it is keeping up as passing all of the 2 wheel drives out there. I didnt take the video so yes the video is short and you don't see much of the redcat but you see enough to get the picture that it is just as fast. And I have many other videos of others that I just have not uploaded yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK you race where I do at Marks near Griffin. Was hoping there was another large scale track in GA. What are you racing? Is the Red Cat Bronco s? He no longer has his Red Cat and if you want to know why just ask him. Not sure what this thread is really doing in the engine section unless we are talking engines?

Last edited:
No the redcat was mine I know he does not have his anymore I am the one that sold it to him and I don't have any of mine any more either. Notice I said cheap redcat!!!!!! The point was that they can run just as fast as a 2 wheel drive!!!! I never said that the redcat was durable because no it is not. So now if I was able to get a cheap redcat to run just as fast as the 2 wheel drive now I have a KM X2 and a Rovan LT305 that are even faster. And way better handling. I have a DBXL that I don't even drive because I love the X2 and the LT305 better.

Last edited:
No the redcat was mine I know he does not have his anymore I am the one that sold it to him and I don't have any of mine any more either. Notice I said cheap redcat!!!!!! The point was that they can run just as fast as a 2 wheel drive!!!! I never said that the redcat was durable because no it is not. So now if I was able to get a cheap redcat to run just as fast as the 2 wheel drive now I have a KM X2 and a Rovan LT305 that are even faster. And way better handling. I have a DBXL that I don't even drive because I love the X2 and the LT305 better.

Are you saying that weight and friction has nothing to do with performance and speed? Never heard of a racer adding weight and friction to make something go faster. Yes sometime you have to add weight in different places for handling but only as little as possible.

What I love is many will add so much alloy and weight then they get a really modded engine and wonder why a stock lighter weight vehicle out runs and handles it. :lol:

No I said I have raced at DD many of times that is in North Carolina correct? That is for the serious racing which I have said many of times. when I go to mark that is just alot of fun with some good guys getting together going at it on the dirt oval.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks