DBXL Anyone tried Ball Drive shafts for the DBXL?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twitchfast

Been looking at the following item for a future DBXL since I'll be running 12S on it, I'd like to make the drivetrain as bullet proof as possible, I'm also planning on spooling the centre since I really don't like the fronts ballooning.

I figured UberRC's ball drives worked perfectly for my Baja on stupid power, hoping someone will have tried something similar to these:
ebay link
-Edit-
Oh and I'll absolutely be ignoring the fact they said to run it bootless, that sounds like a god awful idea.
Cheers!

Been looking at the following item for a future DBXL since I'll be running 12S on it, I'd like to make the drivetrain as bullet proof as possible, I'm also planning on spooling the centre since I really don't like the fronts ballooning.

I figured UberRC's ball drives worked perfectly for my Baja on stupid power, hoping someone will have tried something similar to these:
ebay link
-Edit-
Oh and I'll absolutely be ignoring the fact they said to run it bootless, that sounds like a god awful idea.
Cheers!
?What's "stupid power" bro?

?What's "stupid power" bro?
I'm currently running it on a 12S setup pulling ~350 amps, it's stupid because the moment I catch grip, it does what Baja's are best known for.
Prior to the ball drive setup, I was snapping dogbone pins and twisting shafts.
Hence my decision to buy a DBXL and at least have that power going to four wheels as opposed to two.

-Another edit
Just saw the Genesis Foamless wheels on your channel, damn the pictures on RCMax's website didn't do them justice..

Last edited:
Cool cause I just bought a set of the uber ball drives for my baja dragster. Thanks for the info. Back to your post. Why the dbxl tho? I've heard on here they need a lot of finesse to get them reliable. Why not a 5ive?
It's a culmination of the fact that the 5ive cannot be bought as a roller, I'm also not convinced it will take an electric motor without a custom motor mount?
Personally I'd like to invest in a chassis that has ball drive throughout, it's by far the best upgrade I've bought.

I take it you've found the correct boots for your ball drives? In the UK it was a bloody nightmare, I bought a set, then I bought the last remaining set as backups. (HPI 104968)
I've also had a few troubles finding decent tyres that won't blow up, managed to split the banding on UberRC's super spikes :( Guess it's BRP/Genesis Foamless from now on.

Negative i bought a couple different sets of boots just recently and waiting for them to deliver. T or B? MRBRUSHLESS on YT has some sick MGM builds with both. Have you checked his channel out?
If you're running UberRC, you'll literally have to run the boots I mentioned, which are for the SC version.
I tried numerous boots including Hostile but there was no way anything would fit over the cups other than the SC ones.
Thanks for the pointer to MRBRUSHLESS, I hadn't seen his videos, 1/5th videos don't seem to be that popular/easy to find..

I'm running MGM's 400A ESC, the thing is a tank, hottest I got it to was ~28c/84f.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks