Anyone try the Kraken SX5 sand rail kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrebee88

I really like the looks of it. Anyone have one? Any cons to it besides the price? Would I need to get the A-Arm extension kit as well?

Needs quickreleasekit, you can use Kraken Vekta parts for that!
If you bash it and with the added weight on top, wider arms are almost a must =) Kraken arms works good but flex a bit if you run a mean engine, other alternativs are the FLM arms or Red Arrow (sexy as hell) :)

I just recently build a VEKTA with an ESP 34cc, but I ordered the Baja 5B kit in electric. I’m sure the body/cage will fit the same? I might have to fabricate some kind of shallow interior with a driver figure inside so it doesn’t look like a large empty space. (Maybe a trimmed down lexan panel from the inside of a DBXL-E)

Baja 5B and Vesla can use Kraken TSK-B and SX5 cage, Vekta has an own design for the cage :)
I know the VEKTA cage is separate and would not work on a Baja. I was just pointing out that my Baja will be electric so there may be a large emptiness since the cage was designed for gas

Sexy cage looks best with the extended arms. Solid kit just get the quick release so you can take it on and off easierView attachment 87998
Your picture has convinced me to get it and the extended arms. That looks sick! I noticed that the Kraken arms kit says that you can't use the included dog bones with baja kits that came out after 2014. It pretty much said "oh well, you can just get some other ones to fit the larger drive cups". Did they just not update their website or do I need separate dog bones as well?

Your picture has convinced me to get it and the extended arms. That looks sick! I noticed that the Kraken arms kit says that you can't use the included dog bones with baja kits that came out after 2014. It pretty much said "oh well, you can just get some other ones to fit the larger drive cups". Did they just not update their website or do I need separate dog bones as well?
I run flm extended arms but I believe the kraken arms are extended so you need extended dogbones also for them

I run flm extended arms but I believe the kraken arms are extended so you need extended dogbones also for them
It would seem that the extra $100 for the FLM extended arms is well worth it. It looks like I will also need to get either the FLM super duty driveshafts or the FLM hardened diff shafts to go with it. Any advice on which one to go with?

I am assuming that in a situation where your Baja is doing cartwheels like it's part of the circus the plastic Kraken extended arms would be preferable.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks