Anyone want to talk about cheaper 1/5er's???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wicked

OK so here's whats up.

I am involved in the mining sector so you can probably figure out whats happen to me. We lost our OT at work and well that means that my days of throwing cash around are gone for awhile. However, I am looking to pick up another 1/5 scale so that one of my good buddies can come run with me instead of just standing there watching me or taking the radio for a few mins here or there.

I have been looking non stop at whats out there. Right now I am looking at the fire hammer and read that its not a clone but actually the truck that spawned the smartech truck, is that the case? I am looking at this because they go for not to bad of a price on eBay.

Any help would be awesome. Or if you have any other 1/5er's I should be looking at.

The Firehammer Buggy is a clone of the FGMarder.
The MT is the Buggy with a new chassis and mostly gearing and tire changes.
Are you looking for clones?
There is also the Baja clone. Clone on ebay Seen here: Baja Clone Review
The clones may not be the same quality but, for some with low cash they are the only way into Large Scale.:blush:
Some have had good luck and others have had bad luck. With most clones other then the ones sold by reputable dealers there is no warranty support.:(

Last edited:
Check out the Redcat Rampage, best bang for your buck IMO. Buggy is going for $659 ish MT $759 i think. there are positive reveiws as well.4x4 a well. Goold luck.

It is exactly like a Firehammer buggy but, with no radio or electronics. You could make it RTR.
Buggy - 355.00
Battery - 25.00
Steering servo - 35-40.00
Throttle servo - 25-35.00
Radio - 50.00 min.
Total - 500.00 +/-
The way that is sold is a good idea. Most change out ALL RTR components as they can so getting one without the lesser quality RTR components is a way to save in the front but it raises the price up front too.:(

You know that is something I never considered. I was thinking that I would just pull the rx out of my LST 2 and put it in whatever buggy I get. But then I would be using the DX3R for both machines and well that isn't going to work when I go out with a bud.

HUH! myabe I should redo my ad and take the stock radio out. ITs just an JR XS3 but thats better then nothing.

I have a baja SS.

I just like the ease of the gas now. Going out with a full talk and getting 45 min run times out of it. Not having to carry around fuel and bottles and stuff.

Here's a pic of the two of them.

winterbajaandlst23custocu5.jpg

I like!:cool2: I'm saving for some Hostiles and Baja rims for my hammer.
You have a sweet ride there.... Oh, and I know about the nitro thing. My T-Maxx started mt 1st 1/5 scale addiction after getting the cash on ebay.:celebrate:
My nitro days are from back when 1.5's were the big ones.:blush:

Not mine.

I got into nitro the summer before last. I was always an E guy. I pretty much had every clod conversion you can think of, emaxx's out the ying yang, and TC's as well. But once I drove a Nitro that was it.

Whats funny about my whole baja thing was that I bought it only because I wanted something new. I loved my LST and to me there is no other truck better. Not saying its the best but just that picking up a savage really would be the big of a difference. So I thought to myself what can I get now. That's when the baja thing started. Now $3200.00 later, well what can I say. We all know what its like.

I've had a few different types, and I love my Rampage. doesn't need much to make it dependable. That said, if you can find one of the baja clones cheap at least you 2 can share parts... that should be a consideration since you guys live in the toolies. I just picked up a firehammer last night to rob it for parts for my fg truck sitting here...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks