Anyone with ? racing billet air box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluetickduke

Out driving yesterday and damn thing started cutting out at wot

Sprayed lil bit of wd40 and yep sure as hell I'm leaking behind the big square plastic housing where she bolts to my carb. There's no gasket between there.. Can I just use some rtv or wats Goin on?
I want to install this and I'm considering ordering it but what about my choke?

http://www.davesmotors.com/turtle-racing-billet-air-filter-box-losi-5ive-clamp-on.html

Last edited:
I don't need a pullstart lol I need a new air intake setup. And what insulators?

Will those not affect my choke? My custom velocity stack didn't work cause I didn't account for the choke plate so I'm succumbing to already made systems :(

I don't need a pullstart lol I need a new air intake setup. And what insulators?

Will those not affect my choke? My custom velocity stack didn't work cause I didn't account for the choke plate so I'm succumbing to already made systems :(
It's called backup ????? insulators go between the carb and motor ?? need gaskets between the motor car and air box ?? good idea to have spares coz the go along with starters??

Smart move. Hopefully you got the good copper infused paper. That stuffs amazing. If you plan to make a lot of gaskets get a gasket cutting kit. Makes the holes nice and crisp.? Harbor freight sells one real cheap.
Yah it's the good stuff. I have punch sets from work that I used, they punch through 1/8" sheet metal all day so this was nothing ? forget 2.99$ for a damn gasket

?️??
Will this clear my dominator pipe?

Last edited:
It hits the mount I guess from what I've seen. We'll see how everything transpires when it shows up cause it's going on one way or another lol
I like the looks of those boxes, but I feel in a good crash, they would send a good bit of stress down the carb bolts. They seem to hug the cage rather tightly. Anyone have that issue?
The guys I spoke to from TR ? said their guys have ran them for months on months with no issues even in crashes. I found a good article online too about them explaining why they are good in crashes

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks