Applying body wrap to a 30N body... any gotchas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaffle

Hey guys,

I'm gonna be applying a body wrap to my 30 Degrees North shells. Is there anything I need to look out for or do in preparation? I'm gonna insure the body is clean/debris/scratch free + I have a heat gun. I was told heat is the best way to really make the wrap seal but question is, how much heat to apply...??? My heat gun varies from 170-1000+ degrees I think.

Okay... it's digital so I'll see if it goes any lower than that. Yeah, I see lots of 30N bodies online and in videos with wraps. I figured I'd join the party...

A quality wrap will hold up fine, use your heat gun not a big deal just don't over due it with the heat and getting to close. Turn it all the way down and go over it staying 10-12" away back and fourth a few times to let the glue get warm and seal. It doesn't take much.

I cant imagine its hydro dipped... it wouldn't last an hour on the outside of a 30 degree north body. It's awesome stuff only if you do the inside of a body, and it has to be clear.

My digital heat gun worked. I actually was running it at 650 and 700 degrees. I didn’t stay in one spot of course. It’s turning out nice. I’ll be posting my build in my thread soon. About 1week more as I wait for my wheels to come in...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks