Are all tuned pipes made the same

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdawg70

Are all tuned pipes made the same? If you found one for cheap would you buy it? How bout this if you could buy one cheap and modify it for your vehicle would you or would rather pay full price for the correct one?

Depends really, I have a dominator pipe and once I chopped it apart I could see where it needed improvments made inside. So unless you're willing to chop up every brand of pipe to check the internal quality you're pretty stuck. I would just stick to a decent brand pipe though as the clones seem to be made a lot worse.

Pipes are not made the same. Some pipes have one shape on the outside and a cone shape in the inside. Eg. Fg and Samba. The Dom's I think are one big expansion chamber. Some people have had good luck on making pipes out of old mini bike or motorcycle 2 stroke pipes and pipe ends. Again, pipe manufactures design and make a pipe for a specific engine not all pipes will work the same on different motors. sometime in this hobby invention is more fun then spending the cash on someone else's invention.:)

I guess im frugal lol

Ok I asked because the other day i was searching and i found a pipe for much cheaper than anything i have ever seen but it wasnt for my truck but i said what the hell ill see if i can make it work i know sum of the best fabricators in my area well i got the pipe a few days ago and to my delight it looked very good. I also was able to fit the pipe on with no mod i have driven it and man does it make a difference now i will post pics and i willl let you guys give your opinion im happy so i know thats the best thing. if you look it comes with the same cooler and all that the more expensive ones come with it even looks really simalar to more expensive ones

Attachments

• picresized_th_1232166374_100_1724.jpg
    picresized_th_1232166374_100_1724.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 20
  • picresized_th_1232166468_100_1728.jpg
    picresized_th_1232166468_100_1728.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 30
  • picresized_th_1232166578_100_1729.jpg
    picresized_th_1232166578_100_1729.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 21
  • picresized_th_1232166654_100_1730.jpg
    picresized_th_1232166654_100_1730.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 21
  • picresized_th_1232166724_100_1726.jpg
    picresized_th_1232166724_100_1726.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 18
that look like a Dominator pipe for HPI Baja 5B

i would have made a mounting bracket that holds the pipe on the chassisi. if oyu tka a real roll with that car yuo not only may break the pipe but you can make terminal damage to the sylinder too.

simple answer NO.

not only do materials differ (carbon fiber, Ti, Steel, Aluminum), the size, shape and length all make a VERY BIG differance between the next pipe.

Nice... thats the $47 Dom clone...alot of people got that same pipe with the KM baja.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RC-MUFFLER-CHRO...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

Thats exactly what it is i was goin to modify it but it fit and tucked under the body pretty well. A far as breaking the ddm pipes for these trucks look like if hit the right spot it will break also. I actually just took it out side and all i can say is dammmm:clown: Its -10 here right now but top end is ridiculous. I drove it few days with the stock pipe and man you can tell a difference i do hate the noise but i can deal with it. The carb probably needs adjustment right now its lacking bottom end but it flys past and spinning the tires ground is to cold to hook. overallbest fif ty you can spend i cant wait till it warms up and i can really get on it.

They do make a slip on silencer for the DDM pipe, I would imagine you could get it to fit on your pipe too. (hose clamp maybe)

Make sure the body doesn't touch the pipe at all... The plastic that your body is made from will melt like an ice cream cone... It's not like Lexan,(Clear bodies) which have a much higher melting point.

Have fun and send us some pics of the wheelies...

Trip..

Yeah i said i was going to use sum thick heat shrink wrap plastic and then use sum heat wrap. Now i have to work on getting the car to hook went back out with it wit my buddys fg and wow its easily flying past him where before i couldnt even keep up.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks