are they good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have 2 of them. there good for the money. they need a little work out of the box, but if your on a budget or simply want more then one, its a great deal. product/costomer support is great!! they do have weak spots, but they are easly fixed. for more info check out the rampage forum. as far as track running.. it all depends on the track. it takes some practice to get them to jump properly. it also depends on whats at the track. if you competing against a few fg 4wd comps with hydro's, then you may have to do a little more work. the stock 23cc is a dog, but its a cheap fix($75+plus a pipe) with a little bench time you'll be smok'in fg comps..:clown:
http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/index.php

i have 2 of them. there good for the money. they need a little work out of the box, but if your on a budget or simply want more then one, its a great deal. product/costomer support is great!! they do have weak spots, but they are easly fixed. for more info check out the rampage forum. as far as track running.. it all depends on the track. it takes some practice to get them to jump properly. it also depends on whats at the track. if you competing against a few fg 4wd comps with hydro's, then you may have to do a little more work. the stock 23cc is a dog, but its a cheap fix($75+plus a pipe) with a little bench time you'll be smok'in fg comps..:clown:
http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/index.php

Great info,

I'm gonna play around with a Rampage MT and see how it stacks up.

I had one with everything to make it buggy or mt. the mt tires are way too heavy. I had very little problems running as a buggy but seemed to snap drivetrain everytime I ran with the mt tires.

once they solve the outdrive issue it will be fine. go for a buggy or a rally (I am getting a rally myself). check out the rampage forum and do the fixes.

ive got tt and mt ........................both are great !!!!!!!!!!!!! good quality ........great price...good customer service..............

I have one and love it. The only thing that isn't fun going through, are the plastic gears. Stock or modified, you'll go through gears, they melt frequently.

The good news is that there are metal gears on the way. Other than that, butt kickin cars/trucks.

Yeah the gears seem to be a weak spot but metal upgrades are available and will last forever. Other than that these are tough as nails.

I had one with everything to make it buggy or mt. the mt tires are way too heavy. I had very little problems running as a buggy but seemed to snap drivetrain everytime I ran with the mt tires.

once they solve the outdrive issue it will be fine. go for a buggy or a rally (I am getting a rally myself). check out the rampage forum and do the fixes.

What all is needed to convert from MT to buggy. Wheels and tires, body, is the gearing different? What about the buggy body mounts?

buggy is a lot less stress on the drivetrain for sure. I got rid of my mt tbh and my buds figured I would never get another Redcat. Well I have the rally now and 4 of the guys are waiting to see how mine holds up before they commit... lol. I have no worries with the small tires. I trashed mine on a track pretty good as a buggy and only broke dogbone pins (until I figured out the droop) and a busted shock shaft but again my fault for the bad landing and big air

every rc has it's weak points. to me it's whether there is something out to fix the problems or not that decides if it's worth keeping. I had the fh mt out the other day and snapped a dif case. common problem. but fg cases fit, so not huge ordeal.

and when I can get almost all the bling parts made for about $200 for an rc, hard to beat that!! $200 in an fg gets one or two parts

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks