Asking for couple tips abut baja 5b and some rambeling.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skubaben

Hi . I was just woundering if anyone had any experiance with front breaks on baja 5b? is it woth it? Clearly the break time/distance will be superior to now, But do they break(get destroyd) easyely? are the wired one's more durable or should i go for the hydralic? Any thoughts?

On another subject any one tried the arm extenderds for baja? seems like better for handeling. I trought of the bolt extenders but seems like alot more weight gain for the barrings and holder. Idk i would appreciate input on it. Thinking alloy

And car charger for the servos? exist?

Anytips on any upgrades would be apriciated. It dosent help that the first orgianal tire's is total poop. 4th run moste of the spike was gone. But it was a good way to fine tune toe angle. And i have a fue diffrent new tire sets on its way in the mail. So all good ;) Also w8ting a performance pipe. Bags for bumpers, air, and starter.
New front alloy barrings since front one is kinda hard getting stiff enough, the wheel holder goes abit inn and out. But alot tighter after i took it apart and putting back. Are u guys using anyting on the out side of the barrings? And if so is it hard to get out thene?

But i LOVE LOVE the baja, taking up rc is so much fun! I might be obsessed !:p Am saving and trying to get a kraken vekta.5 my new dream car!:) Am even looking for a more suited place to live for rc. Like garage and stuff. I don't know why i quited this hobby for so many years :p But am back! And going to be obsessed in years to come :p Even tought of downgrading my 1:1 car to invest in more rc . But am not going to do that ha ;) But i i have no clue what patience is :p

And last but not least we rly rly rly need a RC store in Trondheim norway. Some one come and open one :D ill even quit my driving job to help out :D (Odds of the last part happening is minor but heey this is the powerfull internett never know)

as anyone will tell you if have had bad experiences with cable and hydro,
your opinion will be a bad, I have myself ,In the middle of a
hydro nightmare at moment but getting there
but there are loads of vids on youtube showing cable and hydro in action
working really well
personally I would pick hydro over cable just my opinion.
and if I could go back refund all the money I spent on brakes
I would get mecatech, do research first, don't buy cheap, believe me
good luck (y)(y)(y)

Valid input much appreciated all. Yeah am thinking of ordering the mecatech. Its hard to syncronize? I mean break strength compared to rear breaks. Probely needs some tinkering with the servo arm to get new breaks to work perfect. My main consern is dirt and stuff breaking em fast. I don't bash my car hard at all. No jumping or anything to crazy. But i don't sunday drive it ether so. hey one way to find out ordering and put it on :) Thx all :)

Yeah i run 2 times on asphalt so not strange at all ;)

Thx! Ill add photos later but will take som time to get stuff from ebay to norway. But will update when rdy ;)
..lol...and u wondered y they didn't last long.....:rolleyes:...there off road tyres dude...and very soft....(y)....try sum hostile slicks from silverback.....(y)...I have a set for racing...(y)

Hi . I was just woundering if anyone had any experiance with front breaks on baja 5b? is it woth it? Clearly the break time/distance will be superior to now, But do they break(get destroyd) easyely? are the wired one's more durable or should i go for the hydralic? Any thoughts?

On another subject any one tried the arm extenderds for baja? seems like better for handeling. I trought of the bolt extenders but seems like alot more weight gain for the barrings and holder. Idk i would appreciate input on it. Thinking alloy

And car charger for the servos? exist?

Anytips on any upgrades would be apriciated. It dosent help that the first orgianal tire's is total poop. 4th run moste of the spike was gone. But it was a good way to fine tune toe angle. And i have a fue diffrent new tire sets on its way in the mail. So all good ;) Also w8ting a performance pipe. Bags for bumpers, air, and starter.
New front alloy barrings since front one is kinda hard getting stiff enough, the wheel holder goes abit inn and out. But alot tighter after i took it apart and putting back. Are u guys using anyting on the out side of the barrings? And if so is it hard to get out thene?

But i LOVE LOVE the baja, taking up rc is so much fun! I might be obsessed !:p Am saving and trying to get a kraken vekta.5 my new dream car!:) Am even looking for a more suited place to live for rc. Like garage and stuff. I don't know why i quited this hobby for so many years :p But am back! And going to be obsessed in years to come :p Even tought of downgrading my 1:1 car to invest in more rc . But am not going to do that ha ;) But i i have no clue what patience is :p

And last but not least we rly rly rly need a RC store in Trondheim norway. Some one come and open one :D ill even quit my driving job to help out :D (Odds of the last part happening is minor but heey this is the powerfull internett never know)
don't buy the front brakes they are trash, for way cheaper just buy RCR breaks they will do you good. oh also buy the alminum break mount because the stock plastic one is garbage becuase the pins fall out real easy. also axle extenders like to put stress on the bearings so if you really want extended width, get the extended arms.

I got the 1 inch extenders on my Baja. I love them. Wheel bearings are cheap. Actually I haven’t noticed any premature wear on bearings...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks