attention all FG porsche owners!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doza28

hi,

thought as im new and i need help, here would be the best place to find it. Ive just bought an FG sportsline 08 (swb) second hand. Pretty much new. run for a few mins and then left before i got it. It came with the GT3 shell, but i love the GT2, so i bought a gt2 shell and also the roll bar as i think they look pretty cool. Firstly, the roll bar is a really tight fit against the shell. Is this right? There were no instructions for the roll bar assembly, but looking at some pics, im sure ive done it right.

Just wondered if there is anyone else on here with a gt2 and a roll bar to confirm that is the case. Thought there would be a little clearance i guess

cheers guys

Last edited:
hi mate i can't really help as i only have off roaders but if you post some pics of the cage i'm sure someone will be able to advise and correct you if needed buddy ;)

i would say you need to shorten it some and cover with micro bore pipe lagging :blink:take a look at my roll cage on my onroad touring car on here ..........my fg swift

I'm pretty sure the roll cage is different for both the GT2 and the GT3. maybe you have the wrong one for the shell.

I've had problems going from a GT2 to a GT3, had the move the middle body mounts up to get increased height. Makes swapping between shells a pain in the arse.

as far as im aware, they didnt do one for the GT3. Think ive got it sorted now though. Just shortened the top bar going across to sit the vertical ones inwards a bit more. Seems to have helped. Cutting the windows out for cooling has also taken away some of the strain. The guy from hobbythek said they can be tight.

I didnt have any wheel issues like you did tonyturbo, i just had to re-locate the sidemounts and all was fine. The rear ones did need some persuading a bit though, nothing major.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks