Badlands and Heavy-Duty Beadlocks.....and frustration!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigToys

Hi guys.
Has anyone else had any problems mounting their heavy-duty beadlocks on the rims when using Badlands?

I have had to go back to the standard beadlocks, as the heavy-duty ones looked REALLY bad. When looked at with the tyre on its side it looked like continual waves around the beadlock. I tend to think that the standard beadlock sits into the tyre better.....Anyone else noticed this???

Also, has anyone tried both the Badlands and the Hostiles? Any thoughts here also? I have had the Badlands for about 4 tanks and I am not overly impressed with them to be honest. They ARE FAR better than the stock Dirt Busters, but still not fantastic. I only drive on dirt and grass, and they are already showing heaps of wear.

A set of Hostiles are more expensive compared to the Badlands (about $AUD40 delivered more) but I would be willing to go with them if they would last longer...and offer better traction.

Thanks

The paddles are sand tiers not dirt or grass. And defiantly not tarmac.
I have them but I run on sand only.
Don’t have any problem with them.
Other tier I trued was the original tier. And not god for my desert driving.

ok, your badlands may be the 1st Gen tires. they had the dieameter of the front opening a bit to large, causing the wavyness around the beadlock your seeing. Proline has adjusted the molds and now this shouldnt be an issue. you may want to contact them and they should send you a new set (not sure how this will go with you not being stateside though).

the Hostile MX tires in a Soft compound will outlast the badlands by a long shot. longer in the medium compound, and even longer in the Hard (hardest to get your hands on these). i ve seen badlands wear out in a few tanks, and even rip the sidewall right out on a new set after 20 minutes of dirt motoOval running.

the MXs (large knobby like a dirt bike ) are great for grass/dirt/rocky running. they hold up great, wear is very good, and they got some Great traction. the Mini MX will wear faster, but offers more traction on a hard surface like a groomed nitro track, so i wouldnt go with these, but the MXs unless you plan on running on a bluegroove type nitro track.

get a set of MX and don't look back.
hth
T

Thanks guys....I always know I will get a quick accurate answer on here.

It looks like the MX are the way to go and well worth the extra $$.

Thanks again
Matt

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks