Baja 1000 Brothers From izmir Turkey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really nice photos guys!! So you're from Turkey, you're from were the MCD's are made, how cool is that for parts?
I've been meaning to go on the beach with mine as well but I'm afraid of the parts rusting! Did you find that your parts rust easily?

Thanks for the comments

Nice photos, I like the lights on the red truck, do they work?
Yes They work and even cause a problem it kills your eyes coming towards you. I will try to upload a picture with lights on

Really nice photos guys!! So you're from Turkey, you're from were the MCD's are made, how cool is that for parts?
I've been meaning to go on the beach with mine as well but I'm afraid of the parts rusting! Did you find that your parts rust easily?

The parts for the chasis is a big advantage. The rusting occurs but nothing a wd40 can't handle and its worth the fun :p

Cool shots, thanks for posting. Did you notice any difference between the Evo and the older version?

The ride height on the evo can go higher as the arms are longer. You have the sway bars installed on the evo which puts a plus on the handling. Rims looks tougher but had no problems with the first one as well. The rest is nearly same. As I know mcd will come up with an upgrade kit.

Beautifull beach shots guys !
im wondering if you've tried different tires in the sand other then the ones from MCD on the ST .. the tread pattern doesn't look aggressive enough IMO ..

No we only used stock tires for the time being as we have to buy the other type of tires from us or europe :(

Nice spot lights! Welcome to the forum

What sort of aftermarket parts can you guys get for these MCD's over there?

There aren't many aftermarket parts and engine parts we have too buy from us or europe as well :p. So have to pay huge amont of cargo plus customs.

With the lights on...

We are thinking of engine modifications
One baja has 29 cc ch engine and the other one is 26cc ch engine with jetpro

The 29 cc is performing well but we start having tuning problems with the 26 cc and also compression is low compared to others so it doesn't start easy..

haven't decided which way to go should I buy a completely modified engine such as this

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1610.html

or go 30.5 head kit with thewalbro wt813..
http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1269.html
http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1628.html#1628

Confused :S

That full motor is the same one as I have with a jetpro and let me tell you that you WILL NOT be disappointed if you went with it, its a trench digger of an engine with heaps of torque. Its like night and day compared to my old stock 26cc zenoah which tended to bog with anything but the stock gearing.

I can't speak for the head kits but I hate 813 carbs, well the one I have anyway. It seems its hit and miss on bigger capacity engines - quite a few have had issues but I guess theres a few out there going well too.

Excellent photos (and cars of course). You have got me thinking about converting my Race Runner to a Baja 1000, without a rear wing and with roof lights!

Before purchasing a new engine why don't you replace the piston ring and whilst the head is off the gasket as well.

According to one of the leading engine builders here in europe (Rob Lochier at Alro Racing Systems http://www.alroracing.com/) these small engines only come to life after the first piston ring change.

I can only agree with this. I changed the piston ring on the standard 26cc CY engine that came with the car after about 20 hours of run-time and the difference in performance is amazing - it is so good now that I no longer race my cars (Race Runner and Rally Car) with any of my modified engines (includes a 26cc 4 bolt Heli spec engine with externally adjustable timing).

Welcome & your pictures are very nice. Looks like fun ! I have had my Baja1000 in the sand as well. Those stock tires are way better than they look in sand. Mine did Very well ! The lights are awesome, I do bet they can blind you when coming toward yourself. I have one suggestion on your engine though. For like 87$ you can get a big bore kit 36mm. You can install this new upper end on you 26cc. block & have a 28.5cc. From what we have seen here these are extremely high reving engines, with great low end performance as well. It's a cheap way to make that engine run with the 29cc & maybe even beat it ! I run a 29 & have been beaten by a 28.5. I could easily stay with him when he ran a 30.5 ....!? Hope you get it fixed up. Need more nice shots like those. Thanks

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks