Baja 5B FULL CNC METAL (non HPI) vs Losi 5t

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent_Chaos

Hey guys,

So I was lurking and stumbled upon a Chinese Baja 5b (alibaba.com), it's a 30.5CC baja 5B SS FULL CNC METAL Parts. (see pictures)

From what I've seen, it's pretty neat and tough. Vendor Claims it goes 120km/h :w00t:

now, with a discount and with shipment, it will cost me ~1560$ US

i have never seen someone reviewing this, nor i have an insight on it's performance.

My future project is to incorporate the Sidewinder X5 Kit From Kraken RC on it to make it look sexier.

Question is, do you recommend it? or should I just drop that money on a Stock 5ive T instead?

(Note that I currently have a Full aftermarket Alloy Redcat XB)

Attachments

• 305ss.jpg
    305ss.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 305ss-1.jpg
    305ss-1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 19
  • 305ss-2.jpg
    305ss-2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 305ss-3.jpg
    305ss-3.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 305ss-4.jpg
    305ss-4.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
more pics attached

Attachments

• 305ss-6.jpg
    305ss-6.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 305ss-33.jpg
    305ss-33.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 305ss-77.jpg
    305ss-77.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 305ss-111.jpg
    305ss-111.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 305sssssssss.jpg
    305sssssssss.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 7
How heavy is it?
What's powering it?
Do you really want a Baja with that much bling?

Baja's are favourites by most for their sheer 'bashability', which inevitably means they will break something, which will require replacement.

Do you really want to hammer and bash that, or just 'do a Keith' and put it on a shelf for occasional starts and showing off?

Just a thought - your money, your decision.
Al.

to be honest, I have no idea. 1500$ is a bit pricey. I want to bash it Occasionally once or twice every 2 weeks.

What i have in mind is to make it look like the attached picture. that rail is SO SEXY.
I want to make it look like this because I am a fan of Camburg Racing, Ive seen their work. it would be cool to have the rail's suspension and other parts 'silver shining' along with that cage.

However, the engine of the baja is a 30.5CC, single speed, around 13kg

Attachments

• 1237168_10151624323251088_912585563_n_zps2378dbd0.jpg
    1237168_10151624323251088_912585563_n_zps2378dbd0.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
-shelf queen. All that bling makes it heavy and if you bash it ,the breakage doesn't stop with 1 part, the impact will transfer to 2 or 3 other parts as it has no place to give. The Losi 5ive T is superior in every way, drives better, tougher, has the scale thing down, it is fantastic. I had a HPI 5B 3 years ago and sold it after a month of upgrades and lost my shirt on it. It was not a fun model for me, if I had desert in my back yard then I could see the appeal of the 5B.

looks just like the king motor all alloy version,, and theirs is a lot cheaper than 1500 bucks,,, king motor 3.0 special edition is right now is 969 bucks with free shipping usa

That's a very good looking FG. is it for sale?

Yeah, I guess going with KM is a better option than China. i was just cheking their website.

However, Rovan RC have also on their website a Clone baja all Aluminum: http://www.rovanrc.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RV305BS

which is 200$ more than KM Aluminum version:
http://www.kingmotorrc.com/Special_Edition_EX_Aluminum_3_0_Buggy_30_5_wg_p/km1wg.htm

do you know which is better in terms of function, performance and funcionality? I mean they're both Aluminum with 30.5CC

i have a king motor 001 that i bought as a roller,, i have a cpl pics of it on here,,,,, started as a roller,, quality wise, i would take the king motor over the rovan,, thicker top plates, clones of the turtle racing ones,, but in case aluminum vs, billet aluminum,,, rovans are thinner usually, more like a stock hpi,,, ive been happy with my king motor, i think dan from king motor owns the rovan site too... just remember i thinki most of the aluminum on there is cast,, not billet like turtle racing, gh racing,, modified rc's stuff... more brittle,,,

That's a very good looking FG. is it for sale?

He 'broke' it and sold it in pieces / parts.

From what I've seen and read, the 5B is an excellent and proven basher and jumper, but in a very short time, the 5ive-T has taken to everyone's hearts ... part of which may be some just trying to justify their initial investment .... they're not the cheapest are they? !!

Al.

Just my opinion, but I went the same way when I started, big mistake, the aluminum parts are heavy and King motors or Rovan they are sub standard compared to say Turtle racing parts. The main thought is what do you plan to do with it, bashing you want to only use billet 6061 or 7075 aircraft machined not cast aluminum. I have since got rid of most of my aluminum parts and went with the Kraken A arms both front and rear. My upper rear arms are aluminum ( overkill concepts). The TR upper front and rear plates etc. I also went for the Kraken chassis. I guess to get to the point don't toss that kind of money for that, because you will end up getting rid of most of it anyway and have to upgrade them for better quality parts. They do look really good sitting on a shelf thought :).

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks