Baja 5B - LiFe or NiMh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enzo3856

Hello...I have just had my 2 bajas for a couple months now...
They both came with the HPI NiCd battery packs... I am getting 1.5 hr run times but it gets a little flaky at the end of that...
Any suggestions on what is a good pack for the Baja?
I don't want to go LiPo (they kind of scare me right now)...
Is anyone using a LiFe pack, and if so, which one?
Or for NiMh, which one?
I am also in Canada, so local sources would be preferred...
Thanks in advance
(I am using a Flysky gt3c on one, and HPI tx on the other - ebay is slow delivering second GT3C)

100% go with LiFe. I'm running a Spektrum LiFe rx pack. I got the 4000mah, which is overkill and needs mods to the battery box to fit. I'd recommend the 3000mah. You can get them on Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/SPM-Spektrum-3000mAh-Receiver-Battery/dp/B00OA1UGEA.

I love mine. Breathed new life (no pun intended) into my old servos, and doesn't sag like Nimh will when they get worked over.

I run a 2200mah LiFe pack in my baja, get about 3-4 tanks between charge's.
As for the NiMh, try cycling it on the charger, they can be recovered to a certain degree. I keep my hump pack with me when bashing as a just in case.

I run a 2200mah LiFe pack in my baja, get about 3-4 tanks between charge's.
As for the NiMh, try cycling it on the charger, they can be recovered to a certain degree. I keep my hump pack with me when bashing as a just in case.
Thanks for that info... wasnt sure what capacity to look at... so far we have only ever run 2 to 2.5 tanks...

Is it ok to change the connector on the packs?
I am looking at the packs, and these need balance charging also? (i have a balance charger already)...
How do you guys handle charging... do you take the pack out (the tamiya plug on the baja makes it easy right now) ?
Sorry about so many questions... i have just been out of the hobby loop for a while now... trying to catch up!

Is it ok to change the connector on the packs?
I am looking at the packs, and these need balance charging also? (i have a balance charger already)...
How do you guys handle charging... do you take the pack out (the tamiya plug on the baja makes it easy right now) ?
Sorry about so many questions... i have just been out of the hobby loop for a while now... trying to catch up!

I pull my pack out and charge it, I am thinking about making it so I have a splitter plug before on/off switch and an extension on balance lead so I can charge without pulling cage off etc to get into battery box.

So I got a pair of 1900 2S LiFe packs...
I could use some tips and tricks on how to use/maintain these packs...
1) what charge settings are recommended?
2) charge/discharge, when?
3) I guess I should not leave them in the cars in the garage?
4) any other tips...

TIA

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks