Baja 5b ss 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAGregg

I am thinking about getting a baja 5b ss 2.0 and wanted to the ups and down with them. Do you have to baby them to keep from breaking? Is the only diffence between the 5b ss 2.0 and 5t is the body style?

they are pretty durable. they will break but in most cases you have to go at it pretty hard, or have some serious glitching where you hit something at near wot to cause serious damage.

so no you really don't need to baby them at all. my stock baja (when it was new anyways) was a brute. could take most everything i threw at it. but.... within reason.

ifyou drive it like an RC, you wont have much issue. but if you drive it beyond rc use (which is easy to do with the baja because it IS so robust) then you ll have to add some upgrades to keep up.

some differances shock shafts are smaller on the 2.0 (4mm compared to 6 of the SS) the Diff in the SS is alloy but plastic in the 2.0. the 2.0 is assembled the SS needs to be assembled. the 2.0 is a 23cc the SS is a 26cc. the SS has a metal geared steering servo, no t/b servo, no radio, no battery where the 2.0 is RTR.(but i wouldnt use the stock radio) there are some other differances beside the orange of the SS and the Grey of the 2.0

So your saying the the 5b ss is better than the 5b 2.0 but you have to add a radio yourself. I thought the 5b 2.0 is newer and has better parts used on it than the 5b ss.

So your saying the the 5b ss is better than the 5b 2.0 but you have to add a radio yourself. I thought the 5b 2.0 is newer and has better parts used on it than the 5b ss.

5b2.0 has a 23cc engine, high flow muffler and an "eh" fm HPI Radio. It's an RTR.

The SS, you get to build yourself (which is a plus), larger shock shafts, 26cc engine with an HPI SS tuned pipe and no radio.

At DDM you can get the 5b2.0 just shy of 1000. The SS for 855. Then you can get a Futaba Fasst 2.4ghz for 180 (if you decide on an SS). No glitching risk like the FM that comes with the HPI!

That set up sounds the best I like building my own buggy that way I know it is built right and it comes with alot of hop ups. On the radio does futaba make a 2 channel at a smaller price. What servo would you use for throttle.

That set up sounds the best I like building my own buggy that way I know it is built right and it comes with alot of hop ups. On the radio does futaba make a 2 channel at a smaller price. What servo would you use for throttle.

Yeah, I would have loved the SS. I have the original 5b rtr, the SS wasn't available yet when I bought mine.

I would get the 3 channel Fasst. The reason is a killswitch. www.killerrc.com

These will allow you to kill the engine from the radio (good for runaways), they kill the engine if there is no signal, or if the battery is low. If you have soldering skills you can solder these directly to the kill switch on the engine by removing the flywheel cover/case. Pretty easy to do.

If not, killerrc sells several different types depending on what you want (led lights, buzzers, pre-soldered/wired, etc.).

With a 2 channel, I'm not sure how that would work with a killswitch. Maybe someone can chime in that knows.

I personally, would go with:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPZT7&P=ML

For the throttle/brake:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUZ89&P=ML
or
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUZ80&P=ML

As for a two channel, it would work for you, maybe like this one, I don't know much about this since it is new and haven't heard anything. It may be a problem hooking up a killswitch:

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products/towj0224.html

If you use a 2 channel you can not use the kill switch you can use a fail safe that puts the brake on and that would stop the runaway rc. Thanks for the info it sounds that Baja will run longer than my firehammer without braking...

If you use a 2 channel you can not use the kill switch you can use a fail safe that puts the brake on and that would stop the runaway rc. Thanks for the info it sounds that Baja will run longer than my firehammer without braking...

If your battery goes dead on throttle, it isn't stopping......

baja ss

me i liked builing the baja ss.this a toy that cost alot of money.you need a good radio and kill switch don't sell yourself short on that you will be sorry

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks