Baja 5t tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busted baja

How would my 5t look and run with 5b tires on it.possibly the fronts on the rear also?looking for different ideas..pictures would be awesome

5b tires are quite a bit shorter than 5t tires. So much so that the transmission drive gear on the 5t is smaller to keep the torque in line with the 5b despite taller tires. There's also the issue of rim size differences.

It will run just fine with the 5b tires, but it will look a bit odd, kind of like the tires are undersized, which they are.

Is there a reason you're thinking of going with 5b tires?

5b tires are quite a bit shorter than 5t tires. So much so that the transmission drive gear on the 5t is smaller to keep the torque in line with the 5b despite taller tires. There's also the issue of rim size differences.

It will run just fine with the 5b tires, but it will look a bit odd, kind of like the tires are undersized, which they are.

Is there a reason you're thinking of going with 5b tires?
The is no real reason.my buddy has a bunch of 5b fronts and rears I could buy if I wanted for my 5t..but I can’t try them cause he would have to mail them me.thats why I was asking is it worth my time?

The is no real reason.my buddy has a bunch of 5b fronts and rears I could buy if I wanted for my 5t..but I can’t try them cause he would have to mail them me.thats why I was asking is it worth my time?

Depending on what he has I'd say go for it. They look alittle odd depending on the tire setup, but some look not bad at all.

That's funny, I'm actually going the opposite route. I was going to run 5T tires on my 5B. With my Class 1 body, the 5B tires look awkward. They definitely look way undersized. You may have the same issue visually if you're running the SCT body.

2 issues will be whether or not I'll need to gear down, and also if taller tires will have ballooning and traction issues. The 5B tires already balloon like mad, I can't see the 5T tires doing any better. They'll be good off road, but not on tarmac.

Is it just their looks you don't like on this model, Bryan? Or is there something else about those tires you don't like?

The stock 5B staggered tire setup makes the Baja look like a dragster. That's fine, because it sure handles like one. Probably why so many people convert them to drag cars. Not my thing at all. That's the main reason I bought the Class 1 Baja Roll cages. I'm sure you'll sacrifice a lot of the stability and traction with the 5T tire setup, especially on tarmac. But it'll sure look better.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks